Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

I have just set up a new computer on Windows 10 and I am

Customer Question

I have just set up a new computer on Windows 10 and I am trying to set up outlook it is asking me to key in password ***** have put it in but it does not recognise it is there any way of recovering the password?
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: yes
I am trying to add my email account but it comes up with a pop up screen saying windows security Microsoft Office then the password ***** my user name is ***** ***** but the password ***** is the one that I cant seem to get right
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hi!

Click here: https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx?

Select I forgot my password ***** follow the prompts to reset your password.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the security window actually says Microsoft outlook not office as I typed above there is no forgot my password *****
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is because there is no prompt that I am stuck
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Please take a look at my steps and click on the link then follow my steps.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hello I have already used that link and changed my password ***** when I go back and re enter it in the box it does not accept itI have refreshed the box and it still does not seem to work
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

What is the exact error message that you receive?

Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience: Expert for over 10 years
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this is the screengrab
after putting the password ***** the box disappears and then comes back there is no error message as such how do I send you a screen grab/
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this is the first time I have used this service I am not sure what is happening at the moment are you still there?
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Another expert has accepted your remote assistance request. They will reply shortly and you will receive an alert when they do.

Expert:  technicalcat replied 11 months ago.

You have requested for me to remotely connect to your computer , in order to help you while you watch. To do this, please click on the link below. Accept the remote agreement, and then proceed to download, run, and install the remote software. Your browser should prompt you through this, and it should be easy. If possible, please use INTERNET EXPLORER browser for this (the blue E icon). After the remote software is running , I will connect to you in about 5 to 10 minutes. If you don't see me right away, please be patient. Also, when I connect, my movements may seem slow or delayed. This is normal due to internet slowdowns depending on our connection. Once I connect, please don't type or move your mouse, until I chat with you.

If you have any other troubles getting the remote running, just reply back to me here. Thanks.

Here is the link for REMOTE:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=de6441d0-9c1f-4702-8455-f8dded756363