IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have no idea really might be 7-8 months or maybe bit

I have no idea really might be 7-8 months or maybe bit longer! No error message just asked me to confirm details and I had empty everything. I was logging on because company sent me an e mail to that by mistake but even that wasn't there
Category: Microsoft
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is regarding my Hotmail account! I don't know when I last logged in and I had completely empty inbox and outbox and contacts gone
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is*****

It was me who sent you a question to confirm how many months have passed since you last logged in to your Hotmail account. It seems you are responding from another device since this is a new question page.

Anyway, I asked you how many months have passed since a free Hotmail e-mail account automatically expires if it is not accessed for more than 9 months. Once the account is expired, all the e-mails and contacts saved in the account are automatically deleted. Free Hotmail e-mail accounts need to be signed into at least once every 9 months to prevent the automatic expiration. See more about free e-mail account expiration on this link:

https://www.marketingcloud.com/blog/why-and-when-do-email-accounts-expire/

Also, once an account expires, it doesn't accept new incoming e-mails. Any e-mail sent to it will automatically be rejected and a sender will be notified that the account cannot receive e-mails. In case you attempt to log in after the account has expired, you will get a notice to reactivate the account. Once you have reactivated the account, you can continue to use it and new e-mails incoming will be accepted, and you can also send e-mails; however, old e-mails and contacts cannot be retrieved. They are permanently gone.

I am sorry to report the bad news! If you were expecting an important e-mail, you can inform the sender that your account could not receive new e-mails before, but now it can, so they can resend the e-mail to you.

For future use, make sure to always log in to your Hotmail account at least once every 9 months. You can also sign up for a paid version of Hotmail called Ad-free Outlook.com which will protect your account from the automatic expiration. Also, all the ads will be gone and you will be entitled for a free phone support in case you encounter a problem with your account. See more about Ad-free Outlook.com here:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Ad-free-Outlook-com-b949a6d1-aeb4-4a9f-9766-a5038ea812fe

Again, I am very sorry you lost old e-mails and contacts! Hopefully, you will now know how to keep your new e-mails secure and accessible.

If there is anything else I can help you with, let me know.

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's fine. So when I had to confirm my number that was me reactivating?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Yes, you needed to confirm you were the owner of the account. Once you have done that, the account reactivated so you can continue to use it, but the old e-mails and contacts are gone.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Expert:  IT Miro replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.