IT Miro
IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

My computer screen has turned blue and says "The operating

My computer screen has turned blue and says "The operating system could't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors' it also has 1-8 start up settings, could you help in any way. My pc has Windows 10 and 3 years old
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

You should be able to solve this problem by accessing the Windows 10 repair options. Please tell me which start up settings do you see?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,
IT Miro

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have startup settings 1-9 on my screen in front of me!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have an error code 0xc0000102 on the screen if it helps?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would a conversation over the phone be better. If so my number is ***** 983581!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. I cannot call you, but I can provide the instructions here.

Please list the startup settings 1-9 you see on the screen.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
1) Enable debugging 2) Enable boot logging 3) Enable low-resolution video 4) Enable safe mode 5) Enable safe mode with networking 6) Enable safe mode with command prompt 7) Disable driver signature enforcement 8) Disable early launch anti-malware protection 9) Disable automatic restart after failure
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the update!

Unfortunately, none of those Startup Settings will help with this problem. You will need to be able to access System Restore or Command Prompt. You can do that using a Windows 10 disc.

Do you happen to have a Windows 10 disc (media)?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not aware of having it, if I paid for remote assistant would this more or less guarantee repair?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Remote assistance works only when you can fully access your computer. I won't be able to remotely access your computer since you cannot log onto Windows.

To solve the problem you are experiencing, you have two options:

1. You can create a Windows 10 disc using another working computer. I can provide the instructions

2. You can restore your computer to the factory defaults. That will fix the problem, but will also delete everything on your computer

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Accessing another computer today will prove difficult, can you buy the Windows 10 disc?... I have information on the computer that I need asap
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Buying a Windows 10 disc will cost you money. If you can access any other computer that can access the Internet and burn a blank DVD, you can create a Windows 10 disc for free.

Once you have a Windows 10 disc, you can load it into your computer and access the repair options.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok.... Can you send me the instructions... thank you
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Sure. Hold on...

Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Here is what to do on any working computer you can access. That computer will need to be able to access the Internet and be able to burn a DVD (DVD burner required).

Instructions:

1. On a working computer, open a web browser and go to this web address:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

2. It will prompt you to download a file named MediaCreationTool. It is used to download the Windows 10 image file that you can burn onto a blank DVD

3. Run the downloaded tool and select the Create installation media for another PC option and click Next. Un-check the check-box at the bottom and select the same Windows 10 version that is installed on your computer, and click Next. "Windows 10" refers to the Windows 10 Home edition, and "Windows 10 Pro" refers to the Windows 10 Professional edition

4. You will then be able to choose between creating a bootable USB flash drive or a bootable disc (ISO file). My recommendation is to go with the bootable disc so that you can always have your own Windows 10 disc when needed. So, choose the ISO file option and click Next

5. Select where to store the Windows 10 ISO file and let it download. It will take some time for it to finish downloading since the file is about 2.5 GB in size

6. When done, you will need to burn the downloaded ISO file onto a blank DVD disc (not CD, but DVD). To do that, you can use a free program named Free ISO Burner which you can download on this link:

http://tinyurl.com/no2zumy

7. Start Free ISO Burner and insert a blank DVD. Click Open and locate the ISO file you downloaded using the media creation tool and then click Burn

8. After you have burned the disc, eject it and insert it into your computer

9. Restart your computer and it should then load the Windows 10 setup from the disc. If not, you will need to access the BIOS and set booting from the CD/DVD drive

10. At the Windows Setup screen, you will then be given a way to (re)install Windows 10, or to repair it. Select "Repair your computer" option located in the bottom left corner

11. The "Choose an option" screen will appear. On that screen, click on "Troubleshoot", and then click on "Advanced options"

12. On the "Advanced options" window, click on "System Restore". Click on "Windows 10"

13. The System Restore window will open. Click Next to see available restore points. Select the one that was created before your computer encountered the problem. Click Next and then Finish to start the restoration process, which usually takes several minutes. When done, your computer will restart and should boot to Windows 10 as before. Note that System Restore won't delete or restore any personal files. Only Windows and program settings are affected

Hopefully, that will help solve the problem.

You can print these instructions and follow them on another computer. If you encounter problem, or if System Restore didn't work, let me know and I will provide another way of repairing the problem using a Windows 10 disc.

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks :))
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi we're also unable to open the disc drive.... Any suggestions?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

If you are unable to open the disc drive on another working computer, you can first access the desktop and double-click on the "My Computer" or "My PC" icon to see the available disc drives. Locate the one you want to eject, right-click it and select Eject.

However, if you are unable to open it on your computer that cannot boot to Windows, you can get a tiny object and insert it into the hole that is located on every disc drive.

See this picture and video - it works on both laptop and desktop computers with a disc drive:

PICTURE

VIDEO

Regards,

IT Miro

IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience: Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi really sorry, I have been told that I may not have Windows 10 on my computer, been told it could be Windows 8, if it is Windows 8 would I follow the same details you sent to access Windows 10? Not been able to download Windows 10 over the weekend, hoping to download either one this week,hopefully sort it out as soon as!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

If you are not sure which Windows version is installed on your computer, here is how you can easily spot the difference between Windows 8 and Windows 10:

For Windows 8, when you power on the computer, you first see the Start screen, showing all the installed apps as tiles. If you want to go to desktop, you need to click on the Desktop tile. Windows 8 Start screen looks like this:

PICTURE - WINDOWS 8 START

For Windows 10, there is no the Start screen, but you automatically go to desktop, which looks like this:

PICTURE - WINDOWS 10 DESKTOP

If your computer originally came with Windows 8, it might have been upgraded to Windows 10. If that is the case, follow the instructions I sent you earlier.

However, if you haven't upgraded to Windows 10, you will need to use a Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 disc instead. In case you don't have it, the process of creating one is the same as for Windows 10 - you only need to use another Media Creation Tool.

Go to this web address to download the Media Creation Tool used for Windows 8 and Windows 8.1:

http://tinyurl.com/Windows8disc

The rest is the same as for Windows 10. Get a blank DVD and burn the downloaded file using Free ISO Burner.

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you I will try this and let u know, I will not be able to tell which Windows is on the computer until I am able to turn it on, also trying to remember what the computer looks like when I turn it on. Silly question would you have any pictures of how a computer will look when starting up with Windows 8 and 10?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello!

Windows 8 and Windows 10 look the same when booting, so unfortunately, you can't tell which Windows version is installed by just looking at the boot animation. The difference in the start screen I mentioned should tell you which Windows is installed. You just need to remember if you saw a start screen with the tiles or you saw the desktop right away when you logged into your Windows account.

If you are still not sure, you can create both a Windows 8 and Windows 10 disc using the provided instructions.

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi IT Miro your help was appreciated and has led to my computer being fixed by an 'expert', with me knowing what to ask for. Windows 10 was on my computer that has been restored allowing me to continue with my work. I see that there is a monthly plan to become a member and access advice as needed, I do not want this service, but will pay if and when I need any help. Can you tell me if I am automatically put onto this monthly payment plan when I paid the £22.00; again thanks for your help worth every penny.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 5 months ago.

Hello again!

I am very glad your computer is up and running again!

If you experience any other computer-related issue, you can always contact me again on this link:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/computer/expert-it-miro/

Regarding the JustAnswer membership (subscription) plan:

It seems to be active for you. You should be able to turn it off by clicking on this link:

https://secure.justanswer.co.uk/account/edit-subscription.aspx

Set subscription status to Off. That will make sure you won't be charged monthly. In case you couldn't turn it off yourself, I suggest contacting the JustAnswer customer service. Here is the link with contact information:
http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/help

Regards,

IT Miro

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you very much for all your help!