Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

My new surface pro 4 is locked and unusable. The curser is

My new surface pro 4 is locked and unusable. The curser is stuck top left of screen, the pen does not function, and I cannot turn the equipment off. I can make the screen go dark by holding the button down but the equipment does not turn off.
I am desperate, please help.
Anthony
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold the Power on / off button on your Surface Pro device for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check. If that does not work, please try the following steps:

1. Press and hold the Power button on the Surface for 30 seconds, then release.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds, and then release both buttons.
    - (Note: The screen may flash the Surface logo but continue holding those two buttons down for at least 15 seconds.)
  3. After releasing the buttons, wait about 10 seconds. Then press and release the Power button to turn the Surface back on, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok now. Why did it happen?

Great. It is likely just a glitch, i.e., windows memory gets corrupted, so using my steps above would refresh the computer's memory. I recommend to shut down / restart the computer every day or every couple of days or so in order to refresh the computer's memory. It should continue to work fine from now on, but if there is still any issue later or If you need help with anything else, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,