jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have had windows 10 since the free update from windows

Customer Question

I have had windows 10 since the free update from windows seven. However last monday
about 23 apps have turned themselves off. How do I correct this. William
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi William, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me which apps are affected? And are they missing? Or they are still listed but won't run anymore?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, The apps are still visible, but not lit up. I noticed it when I tried to use the "Movies & TV. A blue field appears which says, "This app can't open. There's a problem with Movies & TV. Contact your System Administrator about repairing it or reinstalling it. In fact the same message appears on all those that are now not lit up. So how do I repair or reinstall these apps in particular when the Apps Store is one of those that seems to have turned off. William
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi William,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, if you remotely connect to my PC, will all my data remain secure?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, it is now 9.35pm. Having been to a funeral today, I feel quite exhausted. So I will be signing off. I was waiting for an answer to my last question that I sent at 8.42. I will log on again tomorrow, most probably about 4pm. William.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi William, thank you for writing back with that information. Apologies for the late reply. My time zone is different, I'm starting my day now.

Regarding remote access, yes, all your data on your computer will still be safe and secure. The remote tool will only allow me to view your screen and control the mouse and you can watch everything on your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jess, I have just spoken to customer services on the toll free number. What I would like you to do, is to write down the steps that
I need to take to correct this issue. I have already related to you the message the blue box contains if I try to activate these Apps. The person I spoke to at customer service said it could be done this way. William
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi William,

Thank you for writing back. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with this problem without seeing or connecting to your computer. I cannot provide those steps either without actually seeing the problem. That is the reason why I suggested remote access.

For this reason, please allow me to opt out so that other experts can assist you further in this chat mode. You will be notified through email when another expert joins you here.

Best regards,

Jess