Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

Is the tech help desk a scam

Is the tech help desk a scam
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. How did you get into contact with tech help desk?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?

Is there any issue with your computer?

Can you please tell me more details about the issue?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Windows 7 or 8.
they phoned me. They have put herd protect, support soft, atf cleaner, one support, one support cleaner, uk service complete, are these all safe

That was a scam. You should always ignore any phone call or email message that you do not know or that you are not expecting. So they installed many programs on your computer. When did this issue first occur?

Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This happened yesterday. Yes please

Thank you; please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely, then I can help you directly:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9d86f0f6-ecdd-455d-8e92-085744dd09dc
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

1. On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect remotely with me, then I can help you directly:

http://tinyurl.com/hdesma3
2. Then press at the same time the two keys Ctrl and J on the keyboard, then the Downloads window should open.
3. Then there, open / run the item called Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and install it.

; (If needed, double-click on the item Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client and open / run / install it.)
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have done it

Is there any error or message? Did you do this:

http://tinyurl.com/hdesma3

I have helped via remote support. Summary: I helped changing your email password. I did the system restore process in order to reverse the changes that the scammer did. And I advised to call your bank / credit card company to reverse the big charge from the scammer.

- Reminder: Ignore errors and warnings Events; all computers have those, so it's normal. As long as your computer is working fine, then that's normal.

- Please always ignore any phone call or email message or popup window message that you do not know or that you are not expecting. Never follow any instruction from anyone that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- If you get a (fake) popup window message when using the computer, then just close it if possible. And/or just shut down / restart the computer, then it should be fine; it should go away.

If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Thank you very much.