Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

I have a hotmail email account. 12 hours ago all my emails

Hi I have a hotmail email account. 12 hours ago all my emails were deleted. Is there any way I can retrieve some of them? If I can only reactivate my inbox I can obtain the important emails I need. Are you able to help with this please?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Was there any change to your email or to your computer recently that may have caused this issue?

Do you see any email in the Trash email folder or Deleted email folder?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10, or mac computer?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Are you currently able to receive new email messages fine?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi. No change to my computer at all. I was actually accessing my emails via iphone when they were all deleted!!
There are 3 recent emails in the trash and 4recent ones in the deleted folder.
I have windows XP.
A remote support session is Ok if you think it will solve the problem.

Do you mean emails are deleted on both the computer and the iPhone?

When you go to the hotmail.com website and sign in your hotmail email address there, do you see all your emails in Inbox there? And/or in the Trash / Deleted folder at the hotmail website?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
new emails are arriving ok

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes. emails are deleted on both the computer and on the iphone.
When I go into my hotmail inbox a couple of new emails are there which arrived in the last few hours.
Those in the trash and deleted folders are those which also arrived recently.

Did you try to access your email at the hotmail.com website yet:

http://www.hotmail.com

, there, click on Deleted Items on the left, then click on Recover deleted items at the top, then do you see your deleted emails there?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I do not understand why it should be but your replies have been coming through on my phone but not onto the pc!!!!
However, I have pursued the one which suggested I go to Hotmail.com and into that deleted folder and it worked I have now recovered the important emails and transferred them into my current email inbox.
as far as I can see the problem hasnow been solved.
Many thanks for your help.
kind regards
Peter Smith

You're very welcome. Great. If you need help with anything else, please come back any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will but before you go can i just ask why your replies started coming through on my phone but not on the PC?? Is it something i was doing wrong?

Do you receive my emails at the hotmail.com website on your PC?

Do you receive new emails from other people on your PC?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
HI
Yes I received them at the hotmail.com.website on the PC and I am receiving emails from other people on the PC but your replies ceased coming through on this website and started coming through only by email on the hotmail website???

Check the Spam / Junk folder; I'll check with our website administrator as needed. But don't worry about it since you are receiving emails from others fine. And if you need any further support from me later on, you can always go to the hotmail.com website and/or at the JustAnswer.co.uk website any time. Thank you,

If you need any tech support in the future, please come back any time. When you have time, please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok As you say all looks fine. Just wondered about the oddity of it. Many thanks again for your help.

You're welcome. If you need any other tech support in the future, please come back any time. Please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon (service option) at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much for your patience,

Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience: Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.