Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have an 8 year-old dell laptop running vista. Recently my

I have an 8 year-old dell laptop running vista. Recently my Explorer stopped functioning so i installed chrome, but now that has stopped working. Any ideas? I expect a new laptop is now required
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a different computer now to chat with me?

If you are saying that Chrome and Internet Explorer stopped, working, what exactly do mean? Are you unable to open them? Or they open but they won't do anything, like they are frozen or non-responsive?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm using my iPad.
Internet explorer says "cannot display the website"
Chrome says "google chrome has stopped working"
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. As the first troubleshooting procedure, please reboot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking. In this mode, the screen icons will be huge but you can still connect to the internet. Here are the steps:

1. Restart the computer
  2. As the system is restarting, tap and keep tapping on the F8 key.
  3. When you see a prompt asking to which drive to boot, just press ESC and then continue tapping F8 immediately. If you did not see the prompt asking for which drive to boot from, proceed to #4.
  4. In the Advanced Boot option dialog box, use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking
  5. Press Enter to execute
  6. Please tell me when you are already on Safe Mode with Networking
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Jess,
I have an appointment away from my computer now. I will try your suggestions later
Regards,
Dan
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dan,

Please take your time :)

Best regards,

Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dan,

How is it going? Were you able to perform the procedures I gave you and did they fix the problem?

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Best regards,

Jess