Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

HOW CAN I GET MY SECURITY BACK ON MY COMPUTER AS YOU STOPPED

Customer Question

HOW CAN I GET MY SECURITY BACK ON MY COMPUTER AS YOU STOPPED MY BACK UP IN MARCH THIS YEAR
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Brian

For which service is this for?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ID###-##-####password grp199
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard what is happening now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ARE WE STILL CONNECTED
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

it is saying incorrect password

Can you please double check it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
SORRY
gjp199
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CAN SOME BODY PLEASE TELL WHAT IS HAPPENING ABOUT MY ANSWER
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Brian,

I connected, and ESET is installed and running.

I asked if there was anything else needed, but never heard from you after 20 minutes so disconnected.

Was there something further needed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DID NOT ASK YOU TO INSTALL APROGRAMME THAT WAS ALREADY ON THE COMM PUTER LOOK AT MY QUESTION AND PLEASE GIVE ME AN ANSWER
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, the question is

"HOW CAN I GET MY SECURITY BACK ON MY COMPUTER AS YOU STOPPED MY BACK UP IN MARCH THIS YEAR"

When I asked which security you want back on, you said Eset.

If this is not what you want on your computer, then please tell me which security you are therefore referring to.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WASPUT ON TO YOUR COMPANY BY MICROSOFT TO SORT OUT MY PROBLEM THAT ALL BACK UP S HAVE BEEN STOPPED SINCE MARCH THIS YEAR I DO NOT NO WHY AND THINK THAT FOR SOME REASON THE SECURITY OF MICROSOFT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH IF THEY DO NOT DO BACK UPS HOW CAN DO THIS MYSELF OR DOES IT MEAN THAT MY WINDOWS 7 IS NO LONGER GOOD ENOUGH
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, so your question is you want someone to setup your computer so it is backing up, is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PLEASE IF THIS CAN BE DONE
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes it can and thank you for clarifying your request

Please run Teamviewer again and provide me the new Password ***** I will connect and do this for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PASSWORD gjp199
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

thanks