Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have a Linx 8.1 as well as 2 laptops running windows 10.

Customer Question

I have a Linx 8.1 as well as 2 laptops running windows 10. After being in hospital for 10 days, 6 in a diabetic coma, my memory has turned to bat guano and, I can't get into my Linx 8.1.
I've changed the user name and password ***** my (new) laptop, but my Linx 8.1 has the old user name and password. I know the four digit number code (I think) for this old Outlook account, but I can't see how to switch the Linx to number password.
Help!!!! Many thanks in advance, Nigel Ambrose
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

Hi Nigel,

My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.

If you cannot sign into the tablet even after resetting the password ***** it is not possible to change the sign-in method from password ***** PIN.

You will need to reset the tablet and set it up again.

To reset the Linx 8.1:

--------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer helped so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------

1. From the Windows sign-in screen, tap or click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the sign-in screen.
  2. Press and hold the Shift key. (If you’re using the on-screen keyboard, tap or click the Shift key.)
  3. While the Shift key is still pressed, tap or click Restart. After the tablet restarts, the Choose an option screen will display.
  4. Tap or click Troubleshoot.
  5. Tap or click Reset your PC.
  6. If you don’t have a keyboard connected to Windows 8 tablet, you’ll need to use the on-screen keyboard to do these reset steps. From the Windows 8 sign-in screen, tap or click the Ease of access icon in the lower-left corner of the screen, and then tap or click On-Screen Keyboard.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Pete,Only problem is that once I get to point 7, there's no more text after that. However, weirdly my laptop has decided to let me in using my number password, which is wasn't doing before. I'll cut and paste what I received just in case I'm not being clear. Also, I changed the user name and password ***** Windows 10. When I shut it down, then restarted, in went to my old use name and wouldn't let me change the user name to the new one. Excuse me for being thick, but I've just got out of hospital after a 10 day stint, six of which I was in a diabetic coma and my memory has turned to gibbon guano.
Many thanks for your help thus far and any future help you can give. So below is all I received from you. I say 'all', it was going just perfectly until... well, you'll see below:
31/08/2016 06:38
Pete Pete Microsoft Office Specialist
Hi Nigel,My name is***** will try my best to help you with your question.If you cannot sign into the tablet even after resetting the password ***** it is not possible to change the sign-in method from password ***** PIN.You will need to reset the tablet and set it up again.To reset the Linx 8.1:--------------------
Pete.
--------------------From the Windows sign-in screen, tap or click the Power icon in the lower right corner of the sign-in screen.
Press and hold the Shift key. (If you’re using the on-screen keyboard, tap or click the Shift key.)
While the Shift key is still pressed, tap or click Restart. After the tablet restarts, the Choose an option screen will display.
Tap or click Troubleshoot.
Tap or click Reset your PC.
If you don’t have a keyboard connected to Windows 8 tablet, you’ll need to use the on-screen keyboard to do these reset steps. From the Windows 8 sign-in screen, tap or click the Ease of access icon in the lower-left corner of the screen, and then tap or click On-Screen Keyboard.7.See my problem? Cheers ***** ***** tryingNigel Ambrose
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pete, I have a Linx 8.1 mini tablet (no keyboard) but it is running Windows 10.Nigel
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

There is no point 7 - I hit return by accident!

Since you don't have a keyboard attached you will need to tap the Ease of access icon in the lower-left corner of the screen, and then tap On-Screen Keyboard and use it to complete steps 1-5.