Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

When I logged into my account today, three of my folders

Customer Question

When I logged into my account today, three of my folders have disappeared and I wouldn't have removed them. How do I recover these?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  technicalcat replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Please tell me more details. Is this an email account problem, or are the folders missing from your computer?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
An e-mail account
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I logged into my e-mail account three of the folders I have have disappeared but the rest are there. How could this happen? I would not of deleted them and can I get them back? Two of them I used a lot and the other one not so much but were e-mails I wanted to keep?

Is this with an email program. For example, Microsoft Outlook. If not, do you login to your email with a web browser such as internet explorer or firefox?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I log into Microsoft outlook
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you unable to help? Please let me know?

I have sent you an offer for remote services. I can connect to your computer and fix the problem while you watch and communicate with me, if you'd like.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is there no other way you can help it just seems a lot of money. As you asked for £39 now it's another £33.

I can continue to help via Q&A , but it may take longer and not be as easy as remote. Would you like to continue via Q&A?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
At the moment yes.

Who is your email provider? This is the part of your email address AFTER the @ sign. Please tell me what that is.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hotmail

OK. Please try this, and let me know the results. Instead of opening outlook, please open a browser window and go to :

https://login.live.com

From here, enter your email address, and email password, and then sign in to your email. If you can do this, let me know if you see the emails or the folders in the account.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok will do

ok

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just done as you said and they are still not there??

OK. I will opt your question out to other experts for review, as I am out of ideas. Another expert will be with you soon. Thank You.

Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 8 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question, your previous expert has forward your question to me. But he is actually right, if you don´t see the folders, not even when login in via the website at https://login.live.com these folders are most likely deleted. Have you look at the "Trash" within live.com if they have been moved there possibly? Surely, as already suggested, it would be a good idea to do a remote-assistance so that I can have a look if they are really not recoverable in some way. But I can´t guarantee success with that. However, I will be offering it cheap for you in this case. It might be worth that last try. Just let me know if you are interested.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why would the folders be deleted? I never deleted them or asked for them to be deleted. I have had them for ages.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Why have you referred me to someone else?

It could be anything, hacked account, virus, a live.com problem, etc. That´s why I´d like to have a look directly at your PC to see. The previous expert forwarded me to you because he had no more solutions for you, as you also declined his remote-assistance offer and he was unable to help you further via text (which I am too in case you don´t want a remote-assistance again). Just let me know please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
His remote assistance was going to cost £33, which with the £39 was too much for me to afford. But if you would do it for £8 as you suggested that would be fine. Why would they only destroy three folders?

Yes, I can do it for the proposed 8 Pounds. We will schedule a date once you´ve accepted the offer.

Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience: 17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't know what information you need. Please explain

I don´t need any information, all good. I am currently in another remote-assistance, once this one is finished, I can directly get started with you. How much time do you have today?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
As long as it is within the the next 3 hours, the folders had e-mails in I wouldn't want to lose

Yes, that should be the case:) We can otherwise also schedule it tomorrow, however you like. As I said, I can´t promise that I´ll get it back, but I can at least have a in-depth look this way to explore all options.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Up to you as to whether we do it tonight or tomorrow? Let me know what you want to do.

We can do it later on, depending how long I take with the current client and then I will message you again. If it then is to late for you, we can do it tomorrow too, or any other day you´d like.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I will keep me computer on and check if you have replied

Perfect, thank you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Will it be much longer before you can get to me? Also it says at the top that I rated it 5 stars but I haven't rated anything yet as we are not finished.

I am still with the previous customer, no worries, as I told you above, I will let you know when I have finished with him and then we see if you are still available, otherwise we do it tomorrow, as I mentioned above. The rating is automatic, you can´t change it.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok Thank you for that.

I have to thank. I have just finished working with the previous customer. If you want, we can do the assistance right now?

To start the remote connection, please download AnyDesk at:

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

...start it (double click on the "AnyDesk.exe") and reply to me with the 9-digits number which is displayed in the AnyDesk window.

Then I can connect to your computer and you just have to click on "Accept" once you see my incoming connection (AnyDesk will notify you when this happens).

If you have problems or questions with the setup of AnyDesk, please just let me know and I would be happy to help you.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
963 396 544
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Did you get that number?

Thanks again for the friendly words and I am glad we could solve your problem as good as possible. Let´s see tomorrow then:)