Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

For over a month it is impossible to open 3 accounts I have

Customer Question

Good Day for over a month it is impossible to open 3 accounts I have for years in Windows live mail, I keep getting errors 3219 or 3204 although I did enter the correct addresses and passwords, few emails to Microsoft did not help, since accounts automatic configuration of accounts does not work I will appreciate to be given correct accounts setting infos, such as:
IMAP or POP3, respectively what are the addresses, same for SMTP, shall we use default numbers or enter any other numbers, for incoming or outgoing emails should SSL be checked or not.
I can't find these infos anywhere on the web; Thank you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The accounts I am trying to open are***@******.*** -***@******.*** and***@******.*** my system are Windows 7 professional on one PC and Windows 10 on others.

Is this issue occurring on a particular computer? Or on all computers?

Can I connect remotely to your computer, so I can fix this issue directly on your computer for you?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The one on W7 had been configured a long time ago and the 3 accounts are all in function but this is not the case with the other 2 on W10. I think that € 39.00 is already expensive and I do not see why I should pay € 19 more for you to connect to my PC all I need are the answers to the original question, what are the complete addresses and particulars for manual configuration of Windows Live accounts, I do have sufficient knowledge on this matter to do it myself since automatic settings is not working, thank you.

I'm sorry. It can be complicated with all the settings / instructions. Can I walk through all the steps with you directly on your computer's screen for a small amount as shown?

Please let me know; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Otherwise, I will provide written instructions per your request. It will take me some time to write all the steps.

Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

I'm sorry; it took me some time to research on the issue and to type all the steps below. When you have time, please try the following fix in Windows Live Mail program:

1. In Windows Live Mail program, click on the small down arrow icon at the upper left corner, then select Options, then click on Email accounts....
    ; (Or click on File or Tool menu at the top, then Email accounts..., etc.)
  2. There, make sure to remove each non-working account, if any, for now.
  3. Click on Add... option on the right.
  4. Click on Email Account option, then click on Next at bottom.
  5. Enter your full email address, email password (it is case-sensitive), and your name.
  6. Click on the box in front of the option Manually configure server settings.
  7. Click on Next at bottom.
  8. Under the Incoming server information section on the left, use do the followings (make sure the spellings are correct):
    - Server type: IMAP.
    - Server address: imap-mail.outlook.com
    - Check the box in front of option Requires a secure connection (SSL)
    - Port: 993
    - Logon user name: your full email address
  9. Under the Outgoing server information section on the right, use the followings:
    - Server address: smtp-mail.outlook.com
    - Check the box in front of option Requires authentication
    - Port: 587
  10. Click on Next at bottom. Then click Finish.
  11. Click on Close.
  12. Click on your email Inbox on the left.
  13. Wait a bit, and see if your emails start downloading.
  14. If needed, close Windows Live Mail program, then re-open it and check.

- Try one email account first, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you for your patience,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank for these infos, it is not that difficult to send it to me, or is it? I am now going on WLM and enter the infos, I shall let you know of the issue A.S.A.P.

Sorry, it's not difficult; I didn't want you to wait long for getting the instructions.

OK, please try only one email account first, and check, then let me know. If it works, then it will work for all other email accounts.

Please let me know after trying. Thank you,