Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

All apps have gone

Customer Question

all apps have gone
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

Can you please let me know which operating system you are using? Is it Windows, Android (on a mobile phone), Mac OS ?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
windows10

OK, thank you, ***** ***** fix that via a remote-assistance, as you´ve already requested. Please accept my offer and we can get started in about 40 minutes then.

Do you see my offer? Once you accept it, I will give you instructions how to start the remote-assistance and I can fix the problem with your apps for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you fix?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do i need to stay with my computer while do are doing this

Yes, I will look into this now, it would be good if you are at the PC for the first minutes, as I might need to do some reboots and you need to "let me in" again afterwards. I will set this all up for you. Let´s first start the connection:

Please download AnyDesk at:

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

...start it (double click on the "AnyDesk.exe") and reply to me with the 9-digits number which is displayed in the AnyDesk window.

Then I can connect to your computer and you just have to click on "Accept" once you see my incoming connection (AnyDesk will notify you when this happens).

If you have problems or questions with the setup of AnyDesk, please just let me know and I would be happy to help you.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would need the 9 digits number that AnyDesk displays when you open it. Have you done this already?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please see last message

Yes, but that´s not the AnyDesk number I asked for, that is your network logins.

You just need to download:

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

Start the AnyDesk.exe (double click it) and then a window opens which shows a 9 digits number. This is the one I need.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i only have a password *****

Yes, but that´s not what I need. I need you to start the AnyDesk.exe and then tell me the 9 digits number it shows you. Please see here how that looks:

http://screenshots.en.sftcdn.net/en/scrn/69685000/69685230/scr_1401835949-700x479.png

In this example the address you´d have to tell me is "[email protected]". But it can also show a number there. Please tell me that number or name it shows on your PC.

Please just download this link:

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

Then start the downloaded AnyDesk.exe by double-clicking it and tell me the number or name (as in the example above) which it shows to you under "Anydesk Address".

Are you still there? Please just let me know at which part you are stuck or what you didn´t understand please.

I would really like to help you to fix your problem, but in order to be able to do this, you need to download and start the AnyDesk.exe mentioned above and tell me the 9 digits number or name it displays to you under "AnyDesk Address" as shown in the screenshot above. Please let me know if you are having trouble with starting AnyDesk and where exactly you are stuck in the process.

I have just closed your separate question because we can just talk here. In order to help you, I still need you to download:

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

Then start the downloaded AnyDesk.exe by double-clicking it and tell me the number or name which it shows to you under "Anydesk Address" here in the chat. Otherwise I can´t connect to your PC.

Please just answer within this question, you do not need to open new ones. Do you possibly have a phone number I can reach you at? You seem to have problems starting the remote-assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK, it seems I cannot get through to this number from Germany. Can you instead please let me know here what problem you are having with starting the AnyDesk.exe? Have you downloaded it at all as described above?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i thought you were already using it

No, you first need to download AnyDesk, otherwise I can´t access it!

Again, step by step: first please CLICK ON THIS LINK:

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

Let me know when you did.

It will download a file called "AnyDesk.exe" to your computer, which you then need to double-click in order to start it. This will then pop-up a new windows called "AnyDesk" and in this window, you will see a 9 digits number under "AnyDesk Address". This number is ***** one you need to tell me, only then I can connect to your computer. Do you understand what I mean?

Hello?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have done this several times my computer says it is connected

No, look, you did not tell me the 9 digits number here in the chat. That is what I need. The one in the AnyDesk window! Without that number I can´t open a connection to your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the number comes up ******** my phone number is ***** ********

YES, that is the number we need, haha, well done:)

Dear Madam,

I hope you were able to read my message that I´ve left on your PC and I was wondering if the Windows 10 update I´ve installed and which took so long did go through fine? Because when I came back to my computer, yours was offline and I couldn´t connect again. Please let me know what happened and if we should continue the assistance this evening.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Hello again Madam,

this was the longest remote-assistance I ever did:) But everything should be working now again with your Apps and Start-Menu:)

Please let me know if that is the case for you too.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Good evening:)

thank you for the bonus, which made me very happy! Does everything work as intended with the apps again now?

If you have any questions in the future, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

It´s best if you bookmark the site directly in your browser.

I wish you a great time and remain until next time with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just to let you know windows has just updated, apps still in place

Very nice! Good to hear, that was a real "mission" last night. One of the hardest cases I´ve ever had.