Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

On my hp PC, with Windows 10, I cannot sign in [last

Customer Question

On my hp PC, with Windows 10, I cannot sign in [last day-and-a-bit] after years of successful use. My wife and daughter can sign in on the same PC.
Something about a profile that cannot be loaded.
This came after a news search, using Firefox, totally froze on me early yesterday Tuesday. In desperation I switched off at the wall. When I switched on again, I can only get the refusal message about the profile, and all I can do about that is click "OK"
I bet I'm asking the wrong person, done that once already. Happy to be redirected, whatever it takes to get working again
Lots of topical work I can't get at. If I could "restore" to where I was three days ago, that will be fine.
Richard du Parcq, age 73, trained scientist and statistician, not too good with IT
UK number(###) ###-####9070
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 10 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try this first:

1. Sign in a working user account.
  2. Then press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard.
    ; the the Run... window should open.
  3. Then type rstrui then click OK.
    ; then the System Restore window should open.
  4. Then select the option Choose a different restore point at bottom, if shown. Then click on Next, and restore the computer to any date before this issue first occurred, and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

- If needed, to access your data for now, you can sign in a working user account

, then click on the yellow folder icon at the bottom (or click on Start (which is the windows logo icon usually located at the bottom left of the computer's screen), then click on File Explorer)

, then click on option This PC on the left

, then open C: drive

, then open folder Users

, then there, open the folder that contains your user account name

, then there, open folders Documents, and any subfolder, etc. in order to open your data / files there.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

How are you? Do you still need help with this issue and/or with anything else?