Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I want to write an invoice to send to an employer. I have

I want to write an invoice to send to an employer. I have word, power point and outlook and don't know which to use or how.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Are you making this invoice from scratch or you have a program eg: Quickbooks for this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
From scratch
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, then you are best to use word, choose File, then New, and you will see you can pick from templates.

Click on invoice and then choose the one that best represents which invoice you would like to use.

Once done, you can then type in your own details and use it as your own.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you I will try on my own but not too confident as I have looked at word and didn't see anything to help but will try agin with new confidence.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Your welcome

If you need anything else, please let me know and please remember the service rating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Actually when I click on new I don't get any templates
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

what do you see when you click new?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Richard, I don't have £33.00 for you to do this remotely, the £13.00 already paid doesn't help me at the moment unless we talk this through. I go onto word and I have new in a column on my left, I click into this and have a bar at the top which has home, insert, design, layout etc on the top, there is nothing there that says invoice.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, your missing a step, you need to click File then you click New

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
When I of into word, the icon on the bar at the bottom of my screen, it takes me to a page which has different templates, none have an invoice. Should I just go to file and then new file? sorry just not getting this.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry that should read when I go into word by using the bar at the bottom of my screen
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Which version of word are you using?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The latest, just bought another mac after 7 years using the same one, now have a macbook pro. I don't know what version it is.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

office 2016?

Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

you can also try to open it from here

https://templates.office.com/en-us/Invoices

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Richard, I am sure that it will be does that help you to understand why I missed a step. I went into word initially, looked for file which was in a column on the left and clicked create and went into a page that didn't have ' new'.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for the link, it may be better that I try that then
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

yes, let me know the results please

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Richard,
I used the link and found an invoice, filled it in, saved it and it disappeared for good! I will try again but just not having fun, I'm sure I will succeed as I won't be giving up. Thanks for your help in the mean time, have a good evening.
me
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

When you save it, you need to note where you are saving it to, as then you can bring it up again. But practice with it and you will see how it works.

I have marked this question to never close, so any issues let me know

And please take a second to rate my service now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit,

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Good morning Richard,
I tried to get back to on on Saturday but couldn't so I appreciate your contact today. I couldn't get the invoice from the link you gave me as very time I tried to transferee it to my desk top or anywhere in my system it kept saying there was an application error. I went back into my word and typed Invoices into the little box on the top right hand side screen and then I could follow your previous instruction. So, that job is done, thank you for your patience and I wish you a good week. Christine