JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience providing 3rd lines support for a range of office apps, from 2000 to 2013, including project and visio.
75967336

HELP! Have just purchased anew mobile phone. Tried to

Customer Question

HELP! Have just purchased anew mobile phone. Tried to download WhatsApp and e-mails by typing account name and password, message came up there was an error. Returned to mobile phone store, told I obviously had wrong password, told to go home and change it. Have changed my password ***** used this to recovered e-mails on my laptop. Still unable to progress with mobile as message is the same. Help please.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Please advise the make and model of phone your using, and the e-mail provider.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Phone is Microsoft 650BT
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Ok lets start with just the whats app issue...

Are you able to access the Microsoft Store, and find Whats App?

If so when you click to download it, is this when you get an error, if so what exactly does the error say?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
click on APPS Corner - WhatsApp not there. Go into Microsoft Edge, tap in WhatsApp get Official Site. Tap download, enter email address, enter new password,, message; 'your email or password ***** ***** You can keep trying or reset your password'
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Please follow the instructions on the video here, and please let me know how you get on.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
VIDEO DID NOT HELP AS MY NEW PASSWORD, LIKE MY OLD PASSWORD ***** ***** BEING RECOGNISED.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

At what point are you being asked for a password *****?

There is no need to go to the whatsapp website.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where do I go then?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

As per the video, you are looking for a tile on the phone's menu called 'Store'

The video shows it as a blue tile with a box\present icon, but it can be any colour, I think the default is Orange.

Please let me know how you get on

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok was trying the APPS store which requested a Microsoft password. Now watching screen which shows 'working ' and dots going across screen.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Ok, let me know how you get on.

It should be downloading \ install the software, which can take 5 minutes depending on the speed of your internet connection.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If this works I'll be delighted but why is my Microsoft password ***** being recognised, even though I have a text to say changes have been made.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

There is multiple Microsoft 'portals' it may just be you havent registered properly, have a look at the Microsoft help page here.

They suggest users who have recently setup their MS account may still have to verify their e-mail address, check your BT account for an e-mail, as you may have to click on a link inside the e-mail to verify your account.

The other comments relate to the length of the password (needs to be less than 16 characters).

Please let me know how you get on.

James

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'll have to close down now cab coming in 30 minutes. My screen is showing that tings are still 'working' Thank you.
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

No problem, please come back and let me know how you get on later on.

JAmes

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I havent heard back from you in the last day or sp, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.

James

Expert:  JamesI replied 10 months ago.
Good afternoon,I havent heard back from you in the last day or sp, and just wanted to check if you still require assistance, I would appreciate it if you could rate the service received.Many thanksJames