Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

I need to ask a question about my Microsoft account

Hello I need to ask a question about my Microsoft account
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 6 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible. Please let me know your question :)

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I changed my security info and had to wait a month which is way too long for a gamer like me haha now it should be updated but it's not

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, I imagine that it is to long for a gamer, I can relate to that myself too;) But can you try to explain what exact error / problem you are getting now with your Microsoft account? What can´t you do now what you could do before?

Also, are you talking about Windows or possibly a XBox? I just try to gather some more informations in order to fully understand your problem.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot purchase anything from my account...I'm trying to buy cod black ops (great game ;) ) I've been counting down the timer and today is the day... I've been trying to buy it for Xbox through the online store as you can't get it from Xbox itself

OK thanks, ***** ***** a lot! Yes, I know it´s out now and I am sure you want to get it as quick as possible. Can you let me know what error you are receiving when you try to buy it please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You can't access this site at the moment your security details are being updated

OK, thanks, ***** ***** moment please.

I see what you mean, but it seems we are out of luck in this case. Please see this site:

http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/security/update-security-information

Section "After you've updated all of your security information".

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You can't access this site at the moment
This site requires a security code to sign in. When your security info is updated on 12/09/2016, you will be able to access this site. You can still access sites such as Outlook and Skype that don't require a security code.
On 13/08/2016, you requested your security info to be replaced.
Current security info
Phone number ending in 56
New security info
Phone number ending in 92
If you didn't request this, let us know.
If you'd like to keep your current security info, you can cancel this request.

Thanks. Please have a look at the link I gave you above. See where it says:

"You'll be able to continue using your console during the 30-day waiting period, but you won't be able to make changes to your password ***** use your account to make purchases online."

This means we are out of luck for now, also because it says: "We can't expedite this process.".

But since you´ve changed the info on the 13/08/2016, it should be just a matter of hours until the account will be unlocked fully again and you´ll be able to buy then! :)

It´s not very satisfactory for the moment, but that´s how Microsoft handles it clients unfortunately and I can´t get into their database and change your account, as I am an independent expert (as you may know).

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I'm really unhappy that it's taken this long but I suppose I can wait a little longer... can you do it now yourself?

I wish I could, but I am not a Microsoft employe, I am a independent computer expert from Germany actually. If I could somehow hack their database, I would surely love to help you to do it now:)

That´s the good thing when you use JustAnswer though, you will always get a independent computer expert from somewhere in the world, that will help you as good as possible to address your problem. I hope I still was able to help you at least a little bit? Altough you have to wait a few hours more? By the way, very good timing on your security changes back in August, did you do it because of the release date?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Haha no just coincidence :p thank you for your help have a great shift

Ha OK, I just was wondering:) Thanks, ***** ***** might be so kind, would you please rate my service with 3 to 5 stars please?

Because only then JustAnswer pays me for my work for you. Thanks so much.

I think you just have to select the stars at the top right corner and then press "Submit". And of course you can still ask me even after you´ve rated me and don´t have to pay anything extra - I would certainly love to hear back when you were able to make the purchase.

Are you still there?

It would very important for me that you submit your rating, because otherwise I get paid absolutely nothing (0) by JustAnswer. If you rate me 3 to 5 stars, they will pay me 50% of the payment you´ve already made. Only this way I will be able to survive as a external self employed expert. Thank you so much.

Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience: 17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
of course I will :) 5* top of the class :p

You are to kind! Thanks so much! Let me know when you were able to buy the game, would be great to know when it worked :)

Wow, thanks so much for the bonus, I appreciate that a lot!!! Really looking forward to hear how it went...

And if you have any questions in the future and want them to be assigned to me only, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

Thanks again and have a great night:)