technicalcat
technicalcat, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  20yrs experience with advanced degrees
65369237

Trying to set up a new computer I am being asked to sign on

trying to set up a new computer I am being asked to sign on to my Microsoft account. I have never been asked this before and have no idea what my log in details are. Tried my email address but it was rejected despite trying every password ***** have ever used.
Can you tell me how to find out what the log in details are otherwise I cannot fully use this computer. It is set up with windows 10 as is my old computer
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  technicalcat replied 10 months ago.

Hello Geoff,

Thank you for using this service. Sorry to hear you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Please give me more details so I can help you. Are you given an option to "skip this step" or to create a local account?

OK. I will send instructions so I can remotely connect to you and help you setup a microsoft account for login. please hold for remote instructions. thanks.

You have requested for me to remotely connect to your computer , in order to help you while you watch. To do this, please click on the link below. Accept the remote agreement, and then proceed to download, run, and install the remote software. Your browser should prompt you through this, and it should be easy. After the remote software is running , I will connect to you in about 5 to 10 minutes. If you don't see me right away, please be patient. Also, when I connect, my movements may seem slow or delayed. This is normal due to internet slowdowns depending on our connection. Once I connect, please don't type or move your mouse, until I chat with you.

If you have any other troubles getting the remote running, just reply back to me here. Thanks.

Here is the link for REMOTE:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=4d5c1057-110f-44db-b1d6-0d4da746582c