Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

Forgotten my password and cannot access my computer. I am in

Forgotten my password ***** cannot access my computer. I am in Scotland and all my software discs are at home in South Africa. What must I do to reset my password.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  technicalcat replied 10 months ago.

Hello Gavin, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Please tell me more details about this computer. Is it a mac or PC? If PC , do you know which version of Windows it is running? Vista, 7, 8 , or 10?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it is a Mac using parralles using windows 8
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where are you? Why don't you continue?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Parallels is software that enables one to operate the computer either as a mac or a P/C. It is when I go to the PC side that Windows 8 opens up and requests my password ***** I have forgotten.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Why do you not call me on my number I submitted to you? Or when will you call me? I need my computer urgently.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK Please can we have this online conversation without directing me all over your home page and getting me lost?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Have to go out to an important meeting now. Thank you for your prompt attention. Won't be rating this poor service highly.

Gavin, I may not be available when you return from your meeting, so to better assist you, I will opt your question out to other experts for review. Another expert will be with you soon. Thanks.

Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 10 months ago.

Dear Gavin,

my name is***** and I am your new expert from here on. Can you please let me know which version and edition of Parallels you are using (e.g. 10 or 11, etc. and "Pro" or "Business" edition)? I am available all evening to get this fixed for you.

Thank you very much,

Lorenz Vauck

Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience: 17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)

Dear Gavin,

I just saw that you´ve requested a remote-assistance, I think this is a good idea too and have accepted your request.

To start the remote connection once you are back, please download AnyDesk at:

http://download.anydesk.com/anydesk.dmg

... install it on your Mac, then start it and then reply to me with the 9-digits number which is displayed in the AnyDesk window.

Then I can connect to your computer and you just have to click on "Accept" once you see my incoming connection (AnyDesk will notify you when this happens).

If you have problems or questions with the setup of AnyDesk, please just let me know and I would be happy to help you.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear Gavin,

I am still available all night long to do the remote-assistance. Just get back to me with your AnyDesk number when you are ready.

Thank you so much,

Lorenz Vauck