Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Why can I not download nintex mobile app to my laptop for

Why can I not download nintex mobile app to my laptop for windows 10 from the windows app store?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Hi there Anne and welcome

Can you please close all programs

Then click on Start and type in wsreset and when it appears in the list, right click on it and select Run as Administrator

Let it run and when it has, restart the computer and try to install the app

Let me know the results please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
I know this sounds really stupid but I don't know where Start is on the laptop! I have tried various places but to no avail.
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Its ok!

It is the windows logo button in the bottom left.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
Thanks I will try that and get back to you.
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you Anne

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
I have tried all of that and it is still not downloading. Windows store seeks my password ***** when I type it in it appears to download for a few seconds and then states that it has encountered an error and to try again.
Regards,
Anne
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
Would there be any security blocking from an virus protection. A work colleague suggested this may be the problem but I cannot locate that either.
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

No it wont be that.

What was the message it gave you when you ran my command?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
None it just ran for a few seconds and then returned to nintex store. The word administrator never appeared on the screen.
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

It appears when you right click on it Anne, please follow the instructions very carefully , also remember you needed to restart after doing it as per my instructions.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thanks Richard I will try that. I had restarted as you advised but I did not right click. I will review the original instructions and revert to you.
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
I followed the instructions carefully this time and unfortunately that was not successful. The error message is still reading. " encountered an error, please try again later".
Regards,
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, the issue then is your account

Then try to download it please

1. Go to Start , then select Settings  > Accounts > Your account.

2. Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.

3. Follow the prompts to switch to a Microsoft account. You may need to verify your identity by entering a confirmation code.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
I have set up the microsoft account again (I had already done this) and I am still getting the same message. Sorry!
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

are you able to install any other apps from the store?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Have not tried before since I don't usually use them but I need this one for work. Will try to install one now.
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
Tried to download messenger app that did not work either
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, do the following please (please follow the instructions carefully)

Click start, type in CMD and right click on command prompt and select run as administrator

Type following commands:

net stop wuauserv
move "c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution" "c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.old"
net start wuauserv

Restart the computer

Try to download something from the Store.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
I have tried doing that and following instructions correctly and it did not work. I returned to try again before coming back to you and now CMD prompt will not allow me to right click and run as administrator it just goes directly in to prompt no matter how many times I right click.
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

ok, right click the start button and choose there command prompt (admin) please

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
No luck with that Richard. I am getting a notification about verifying my microsoft account. Would that be causing the issue.
Anne
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

yes, go to www.hotmail.com

Sign in there please

Richard, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Richard,
Problem solved and nintex has been downloaded successfully. Thanks for your patience and support.
Le gach dea mhéin, (kind regards)
Anne Fitzpatrick