Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My P.C. has shut down during a update, did not see it show,

My P.C. has shut down during a update, did not see it show, so now I log in and get a black screen at the end of the log in, tried all the known keys! to get it back up and runnig.
I know it there but can not see it, once I have used my password ***** is it nothing but a blank black screen
***** *****
P.s Cannot get to my own web site
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Is the PC running Windows 8 or 10?

Please try to boot the problem PC into Safe Mode. This is done by using the following steps:

1. If the PC is turned ON right now, though there is nothing on screen, press and hold the power button for 60 seconds and it shall force to turn OFF.
  2. After another 60 seconds, turn it back ON
  3. After turning it ON, immediately press and keep tapping the F8 key and see if you get the Advanced Boot option. If you get the Advanced Boot option, select Safe Mode.
  4. If you get a repair screen after turning ON the PC, please follow the prompt to boot the computer in Safe Mode.

Please let me know your results by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is saying Drive is locked. Unlock drive and try again
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

When did you get that error message?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right now. on the screen now is Troubleshoot
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just shown up restaart your p.c.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, what are your options now on screen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now choose Keyboard layout No UK only US
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
going into Trouble shoot, no luck not moving, only to show restart error###-##-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry but we cannot do a Secure Remote session since your problem computer is not working and not connected to the internet.

Now, please restart your computer then tell me what you get on screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do have desk share on the p.c. any help to you. I am making use of a old laptop to deal with this bit of trouble, and my main p.c is connected ! So we have on p.c that does not want to work nor use a desk share.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry but I do not understand. You are using a laptop now to chat with me, and the problem PC is not booting and that is what we are troubleshooting. So that is why we cannot use remote access.

Have you restarted the PC? Did you get the troubleshoot screen again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did restart the p.c. and each time I get trouble shoot or swich off p.c and I have had a go at the F8 key plus also the Window key with no luck so far
In fron of me is choose keyboard layout
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know the Internet is working as I can pick up my email on this laptop via Wi-if
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Please tell me what you see on the Troubleshoot screen? Did you see the options that say Continue, Troubleshoot, Turn Off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right now it is showing two Options, they are Troubleshoot or Turn off your p.c, been and done those a few times and still not got anywear! only to get the two messages to show up
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

One at a time let us work with this. Please select Troubleshoot, then tell me the options that show up

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony,

I noticed that you created a duplicate question. Please let us continue here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, sorry for the delay, So right now I have the choice of troubleshoot or to turn off the p.c. only to land back to the same two choices
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tony,

Please select Troubleshoot. Then tell me what happens

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gre with reat, only it to show this Error code###-##-####with restart now,so here we go again.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

So when you select Troubleshoot, the screen changes and then shows the error code###-##-####

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't get pass troubleshoot
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows has a lot to answer for with those up dates
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. I believe your Windows installation corrupted so you are now unable to start the computer. Is this Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?

Also, do you have your Windows installation DVD?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This a 10 set up, now somewhere I have a windows 7 disc, I do not have a DVD
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

So you originally had Windows 7, then you did a free upgrade to Windows 10?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
a free upgrade
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am hoping that a member has a repair DVD, now would that help
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean by a member?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Member of my photographic club. By the way /google does not know what the error code means
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JUST BEEN CALLLED IN FOR LUNCH RIGHT NOW, How can I recontec to you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. If you can get a Windows 10 DVD, then you can use it to repair your current Win10 installation.

Also, if you have a fast internet connection in the computer you are using now, you can download a Win10 disc image, burn it to a DVD.

Please bookmark this page or add to favorites so that you can get back to me easily later.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Jess
I have been in hospital for a quick Op, now out. Now the last time we left it all in the air, but I did get a windows 10 repair disk that did not work at all, now short of re-foremating the H.D.One has come up to a bloody brick wall, chuck what you like at it,, nothing seems to work.
We could try one last go and that is to give y9u a securely connect, how can you do this when I can't get pass the trouble shoooting. I am using a lap top given to me for now, otherwise short of hitting the bloody p.c with a club hammer.
***** *****
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi Tony,

When you turn on the computer now, please tell me what happens.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Jess.
Just got back a laptop to use. Now what has happened so far, I have the Windows 10 disk, but it still will not let me in or to re-start anything, What I now have is this I can not get pass the Troubleshooting,in the past I have been able too, but right now nothing is worling for me. I have been told I could of shut down the p.c when up dates where taking place??, well I did not see any up date screen shot saying do not turn off your p.c. when I shut down in the first place all lights where OFF, but the next morning I went into my office and the p.c had re-booted it self, and from then onwards everything gone down hill.
***** *****
Has thiss one beaten you!, it has for me for now
Customer: replied 11 months ago.