Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Im unable to access my hotmail account as it is blocked and

im unable to access my hotmail account as it is blocked and i do not no my other aol account, please help
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you try to enter your hotmail account, what is the exact message you receive?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sign in is blocked
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks,

When were you last able to sign in, and was it on this device that you are trying to sign in now onto?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
was about 6 months ago n no wasnt on this device, was on my old laptop but since ive had my new laptop ive never been able to get into hotmail
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, do you still have access to the old laptop Hugh?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
its in a shop at the moment, its not able to be fixed
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, what is the issue you have, accessing the AOL account that is set up with the hotmail account Hugh?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i think,i need to be able to access my hotmail account as its got my buisness details attached so im unsure of what i need to do to access it?
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, but what I am asking Hugh is what is the issue you have, accessing the AOL account that is set up with the hotmail account

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, why do you keep replying yes Hugh? I need to know

hat is the issue you have, accessing the AOL account that is set up with the hotmail account

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that is the issue i cannot remember having an aol account that is set up with the hotmail account
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

whats the email address of the hotmail account?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, so [email protected] you do not recall at all? As you set this when you first created the account

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no i dont my nephew set it up for me and ive asked him and he doesnt no either
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

ok, and you filled in this form as best as you could Hugh and they rejected it correct?

https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i used my daughters hotmail account for them to reply to
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Thanks,

Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. Hotmail being a free email service does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.

I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Hotmail states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "

So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Microsoft has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.

Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not Microsoft, their policies, or the situation itself.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we have the password ***** the hotmail account but it wont let us in
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

it is incorrect or it has been changed Hugh, but the only way to regain access is via the recovery methods but as you entered an address that you do not have access to anymore, and nothing else, then recovery will not be possible.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok thanku for your help
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

its one of the risks of a free email system like this Hugh, if it is for business, you are better using a paid system such as godaddy.com

Then you always have backup support as it is a paid service.

If you need anything else pleas e let me know