Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

Following a change to Windows 10. I have been asked to

Customer Question

Following a change to Windows 10. I have been asked to confirm my password ***** e-mails. This I have done and it has been accepted for three days, but not this morning. I submitted a new password. I number was sent to my wife's email address. I input this to my request, they confirmed to my wife that this was accepted, and all was now well.
It will not accept the new password
Alan Speakman
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Alan and welcome

First to clarify is the password ***** signing into the computer? Or for accessing your microsoft emails?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
e-mails
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

When they sent the number to your wife, this was the verification code that you needed to enter in. Did you enter this in to change the password?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi RichardI am happy with your taking over. I cannot find 'extra help'. Because I cannot use e-mail on my desktop, this is coming from my laptop with good old windows 7!Alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thats ok, accept the offer here and I can connect to the desktop and we can resolve this.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

On your desktop with the problem,

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Click on Download in the middle of the page

Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect

Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did this in order to move along. I thought I had already signed up for the Premium Service!!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you did, so please do the instructions I gave so I can resolve this,

I will repeat them again

Can you go to www.teamviewer.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it hasdownloaded. The screen now shows PDF and two zip files?Alan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

you need to run the file that you downloaded please Alan, it is called Teamviewer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Got it - ID 311 268 145 Password *****
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, looks correct, but you closed the program, you need to leave it open. Open it again please and tell me the new password ***** gives you and leave it open

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think we are at cross purpose here. All this has been done on my laptop because I cannot get e-mail on my desktopAlan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, remember I said you had to do this on the desktop so do the same instructions on your desktop and leave the program open and running and give me the ID and Password *****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK ID 311 397 596 password 2tyh12 it asks for a Partner IDAlan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

connecting