technicalcat
technicalcat, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  20yrs experience with advanced degrees
65369237

When I first load up Outlook an error message comes up

Customer Question

When I first load up Outlook an error message comes up entitled 'Run DLL' which states 'There was a problem starting C:\Users\Ken\Appdata\LocalLow\ociAF8C.tmp'.
If I 'OK' this another error message comes up under 'Outlook data file' which states 'C:\Users\Ken\My Docscurr outlook\outlook.pst' cannot be opened. If I 'OK' this I can access my emails (which I have needed to do) but not my Calendar. I would like to have normal access to Outlook.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  technicalcat replied 9 months ago.

Hello Kenneth, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Which version of outlook are you using?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
How do I find out?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Nothing appears to be happening. Sorry for my impatience.

Kenneth,

Thanks for your patience. I am connected with another customer, but will reply to you in about 10 minutes or so with a remote link. I'll then connect and fix your problems. Please standby!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thank you.

You have requested for me to remotely connect to your computer , in order to help you while you watch. To do this, please click on the link below. Accept the remote agreement, and then proceed to download, run, and install the remote software. Your browser should prompt you through this, and it should be easy. After the remote software is running , I will connect to you in about 5 to 10 minutes. If you don't see me right away, please be patient. Also, when I connect, my movements may seem slow or delayed. This is normal due to internet slowdowns depending on our connection. Once I connect, please don't type or move your mouse, until I chat with you.

If you have any other troubles getting the remote running, just reply back to me here. Thanks.

Here is the link for REMOTE:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=a45810da-e8f0-40d9-8626-9089e2762251