Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have an 0x8024402c on my laptop how do I get rid of it?

Customer Question

I have an 0x8024402c on my laptop how do I get rid of it ?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi David, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you getting this error when you try to update your Windows?

Can you please tell me which version of Windows are you using? Is it Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Think it is windows 8 Not trying to update
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information. Can you please tell me how this error appears? Is it after you turn the laptop on? And are you using the laptop right now to chat with me?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was on face book, I have logged off and turned on again but the error notice comes on I am using Microsoft Edge
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for that information. If this is not an error with Windows Update, this could be a malware or a corrupted background program.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issues while you watch?

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Why do I have to keep paying
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi David,

I am very sorry about the confusion. Like what I have already mentioned, this Secure Remote Assistance (or remote access) is an optional service which has its own fee. The fee is one time though and also guaranteed.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

David,

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=84eb0ad6-4e70-4a7d-ba29-4eaa728b855b

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi David,

How is it going? Were you able to download the remote tool using the procedures I gave you? If yes, please do not forget to double click on the downloaded file to run it and to join me in the remote session. I am waiting in the remote session.

Jess

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can't download the remote session
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Did you get an error when downloading the remote tool?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Got no response or error
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Ok, please give it another try, and let us do this step by step and tell me at which step you are stuck.

1. Please click on this link:

3. Then download the remote tool when prompted. Depending on your browser, you could be prompted to SAVE or RUN. Select SAVE.
4. Locate the downloaded file where you saved it and then run the remote tool by double clicking on it to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried 4 times and nothing happens I have clicked the I agree on the previous page
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It says download underlined the secure client file again
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

When you click on I Agree button, a dialog box should show up, prompting to download.

If you are using Edge as the browser, then there shall be a notification at the button of the screen where you can save or run

Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

David, I uploaded the remote tool and try to download it from this link:

http://filesxpress.com/d-6acd74ae

After downloading it, please make sure to run it by double clicking on the downloaded file.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It has gone, the warning I gave you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

And were you able to download this time? If yes, please locate the downloaded file, then double click on it to run it.

Expert:  Jess M. replied 11 months ago.

Hi David,

How is it going? Were you able to download the tool?