Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Consultant
Experience:  Over 20 years experience with Apple/Windows desktop publishing, design, troubleshooting
25267123

My hotmail account appears to have been deleted - by

Customer Question

My hotmail account appears to have been deleted - by mistake.
Can you help me reset it?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Are you currently able to receive new email messages on your phone?

Does your laptop have Windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or is it a Mac laptop?
Can you please confirm your hotmail email address?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent a test email to my hotmail account and yes, it did show up when I access the acount using my phone
The alptop has Windows 7 Enterprise
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The hotmail address is: ***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you get my replies?
What happens now?

Thank you. Is there any number or special character or symbol in your hotmail email address?

Did you test sending from another email address to your hotmail email address?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, there is no special character in the email address (it is: ***@******.***)
Yes, I tested by sending an email from another email address

I'm sorry; it is strange. I'm not sure about this issue, but let me open this issue to other experts. Please do not wait; you will get a response at this web page when there is a response from another expert. Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The issue arose when my son was trying to re-set the email account linked to his XBox; my hot mail account has been used for the XBox and he tried to re-set that to his email account.
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Fredrik, my name is ***** ***** I will assist with your query today, I suggest we start by a secure remote session so you can show me the specific error and we can get your windows 7 machine setup and working once again.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

To do this, please click the link here and follow the on screen prompts to accept and run the session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think this issue is specific to my lap top, as I have also tried logging on to my hotmail account from a pad (did not recognize my hotmail account there either). As mentioned, my hotmail account DOES appear to be active, however, as the account can be accessed using my mobile phone
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

In order to get this working I need to see the fault on your machine, please initiate the secure session.

Expert:  JamesI replied 1 year ago.

I will opt out as it appears you no longer require assistance.

Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.

Go here with any web browser, using that computer and put in your email address and password: live.com

Do you still need help with that? You never replied....