Lorenz Vauck
Lorenz Vauck, Computer Expert
Experience:  17 years of experience in fixing problems with DOS, Linux, Mac OS, iOS, Android & Windows. Just ask me :)
78122054

I bought Office 2011 over two years ago and this included a

Customer Question

I bought Office 2011 over two years ago and this included a free upgrade to Office 365/2016 when it became available. I reacted to the message alerting me to 365's availability a few days ago, followed the directions and have apparently downloaded the upgrade.
My 2011 Office was installed when I was using an account - ************* , and the password *************. My yahoo account was hacked into last year and I changed my account to Google using my e-mail address ************* with the password ************* .
When trying to open my upgraded Office application's Excel and Word elements a window appears asking me either to buy the app or to sign in. I have tried to do so without success.
At some stage I was asked to reset my Office account password ***** I did so. I used my ************* e-mail address and the password: *************
The only other references I can offer are my Microsoft security code: ************* and a Microsoft issue number: *************
I am still unable to open either my applications or my existing microsoft files.
I would appreciate your assistance and ask you to understand that I am 75 years old and only came online in late 2013. Consequently you may find me a bit slow on the update especially if I am confronted with too much computer jargon!
Jack *************
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 9 months ago.

Dear Client,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

I am sorry to hear about the trouble you are having with Office, would you mind if I would take a look directly at your computer to address the issue via a remote-connection?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dear LorenzThank you. Please proceed

Dear *****,

thank you very much! To start the remote connection, please download AnyDesk at:

http://download.anydesk.com/AnyDesk.exe

...start it (double click on the "AnyDesk.exe") and reply to me with the 9-digits number which is displayed in the AnyDesk window.

Then I can connect to your computer and you just have to click on "Accept" once you see my incoming connection (AnyDesk will notify you when this happens).

If you have problems or questions with the setup of AnyDesk, please just let me know and I would be happy to help you.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dear Lorenz,
Have downloaded AnyDesk but cannot open it. Perhaps I should have told you that I use an iMac with macOS Sierra version 10.12

Yes, in this case please use:

http://download.anydesk.com/anydesk.dmg

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Dear Lorenz,Done the code is: [email protected]
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Jack, it worked, but can it be the case that your internet connection is very slow? You can type just here, I wanted to use word to "chat" with you, but is blocked as you know:) So let´s just chat here....Fine. About the best download speed my connection gives me is about 3mps

Dear Client,

thank you for the friendly words during our remote-assistance and phone call :-) If you have any questions in the future and would like to work with me again, please enter them in the format "For expert ComputerVauck ONLY: Question ......." at the following site:

http://www.lorenzvauck.com/

It´s best if you bookmark the site directly in your browser.

I wish you a great time and remain until next time with best regards,

Lorenz Vauck