Jess M.
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My account has been suspended. been trying to set up new

my account has been suspended.
been trying to set up new laptop but the codes to change password ***** sent to my other laptop because I cant set up email without account details. no mobile either. so you assumed that I was messing about and suspended me.
can I get my ms account sorted please
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me your problem MS account so that I can check its status and recovery options?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
account suspended. because forgot password ***** code numbers sent did not work
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Please tell me the problem email address

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. Are you still able to access this btinternet email?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
on my other laptop yes
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

And why not in this computer that you are using now? Did you forget the password ***** this btinternet email? Or are you using a smartphone right now to chat with me?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
how do I know the password ***** I forgot in the first place, ms will not let me in
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

No. These are 2 accounts that I mean or referring to. First, it is a Microsoft account. However, the email address that you used to create or sign up a Microsoft account is a btinternet email. In itself, btinternet is a separate email account. So my question is, are you able to access that btinternet email? (I am not referring to the MS account)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hi jess
got your email on my other laptop and totally confused. this new laptop is Win10 when you open the mail icon it asks for ms account which I don't have
Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

Now, is the purpose of the MS account only to be able to login to your new Windows 10 computer?

Can I remotely access your computer right now so that I can assist you in creating an MS account for use with your new laptop? I can also assist you in recovering your existing MS account that used your bt email address.

Remote access (Secure Remote Assistance) is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.
Please let me know if you want this remote option.
Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for accepting my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please follow the steps below to join me in the remote session.

1. Please click on this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b03ca15c-56a0-4863-b1c4-28cb8dbddb93

2. In that page, please click on the green I Agree button
3. Then download the remote tool when prompted.
4. Run the downloaded remote tool to join me in the remote session. I will be waiting for you there.

Thank you. If you are stuck in any of the steps, please let me know so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Expert:  Jess M. replied 9 months ago.

Thank you for your patience. All issues were resolved through Secure Remote Assistance. Your BT email is now recovered and your Mail app is now working. You also have a new Hotmail account which you can use as a Microsoft account for the new computer.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess