jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have been blocked from accessing my Hotmail account due to

Customer Question

I have been blocked from accessing my Hotmail account due to suspicious use by someone else phishing. I only use the account occasionally (apart from receiving spam) and can only recall one person to whom I have sent an email recently. I have submitted this information on the verification form but apparently this is not enough. How do I verify my account and get it unblocked?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Wes replied 11 months ago.

Before we begin, I would like to make sure you understand that Just Answer is not affiliated with Microsoft and we do not have control over their systems. Our ability to fix issues like this are therefore very limited and I ask that you take that into consideration before leaving a negative rating. If you reached our site by mistake, or if I am not able to help you, you can request a refund at http://www.justanswer.com/refund or by e-mailing***@******.***

Expert:  Wes replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately there's no way to force Microsoft to reactivate your account... especially after it's been compromised and used for spam/phishing. If you haven't done so already, you may want to create a second separate account to use for contact with Microsoft about this account. You'll then have to keep trying the verification process until they either relent or you abandon the account. When going through the verification process, keep your eyes open for links talking about contacting microsoft and make use of them.