Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Other
Experience:  Ten years of computer hardware and software support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac; Microsoft Office, etc.
30037186

My sister is 86. She had Windows 7 and is now unable to cope

Customer Question

My sister is 86. She had Windows 7 and is now unable to cope with Windows 10 .
You offered me a free update to Windows 10. You told me that if I was not happy I could
go back to Windows 7 . I stayed with Windows 7 which does all I .require.
Is it possible for my sister to revert to Windows 7? If so and at what cost?. I am 88 and live 130 miles from my sister.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Do you mean the same computer had Windows 7, then you upgraded it to Windows 10?

When did you upgrade to Windows 10? How many days approximately?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

Solution #1:

1. Click on the Start button (which is the windows logo icon located at bottom left of computer's screen), then click on Settings (or click on the gear / wheel icon.)
    ; (Or press at the same time the two keys Windows logo and i on the computer's keyboard, then the Settings window should open.)
  2. Then click on option Update & security.
  3. Then click on option Recovery.
  4. Then there, select the option to go back to your previous Windows version, if available, and continue.

- Note: This option is only available for 10 days after you've upgraded to Windows 10.

Solution #2:

- If that does not work, please click on the website below:

http://www.classicshell.net

, then there, click on Download Now to download and install the Classic Shell program

; keep all default options during installation

, then you should get a similar interface like in your previous Windows version.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,