jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I have received a pop-up from 'Pathwind.Com' warning me to

Customer Question

I have received a pop-up from 'Pathwind.Com' warning me to contact "Microsoft Tech. Support" on 01473 378279 as my PC is infected by RDN Trojan Worm 055BCCAC9FEC.
On ringing that number and talking for several minutes with them I began to think it may be a scam!
I told them that before giving any further info. I would check with you.
I now find that I cannot delete this.
Your response will be welcome.
***** *****
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

That is a scam message,Is this message blocking you from opening any web pages ?

John

Note : -If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Please answer my above questions so that i can help you better.

Please reply using the box below

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see whether you still need help.

Please reply using the box below

Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. I'm another tech; I will help you with this. Do you still need help with this issue?

That is certainly a fake popup message; it is a scam. Please do not call that number; please do not follow any instructions in it. Always ignore any popup message or email message or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

Does this issue still occur if you shut down / restart the computer?

Does this issue occur when you open the Internet? Or does this issue occur when you turn on the computer? etc.?

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,