jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Forgot my password on my laptop - windows 10- can you help?

Customer Question

forgot my password ***** my laptop - windows 10- can you help?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  technicalcat replied 1 year ago.

Hello Peter, and thank you for using this service.

Sorry you are having trouble. I will help you now.

Do you login to your Windows 10 with a microsoft account (EMAIL ADDRESS), or do you use a simple name. For example "Peter"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Peter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you responding or do you need more info

It's kind of rare for a regular user account to have a password ***** unless you truly just forgot it. Did this problem start up after a virus or any other incident with the computer? Has your login screen changed in any way, or does it look the same?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have not had to log in with a password ***** automatic microsoft update one evening and next time i started computed got enter passwod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks but no thanks will soon cost mor than new laptop!! please cance credit card payment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
confirmation please

The phone support is just an optional service that would make helping you a lot easier for this type of problem. If you wish , we can continue here with Q&A. It will just take longer and may be more difficult, because you can't currently login to your computer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok cplease continue

What exactly does the login screen say? please tell me word for word.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PETER
Password ?
passsword hin sac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry passwodf hint sac
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i try password (i've tried all the variations i might use) get 'password ***** ' try again andReset password
try the reset option and message is this option requires removable m edia, such as a usb flash drive, please connect a usb flash drive and try again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still there?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
must go for my evening meal now so, if you have a solution please send by e-mail if no solution refund fee and thanks for efforts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please say something so i know you receiving messages
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry must go . bye

Sorry for the delay in response. I will actually be away from desk for the next few hours, so will opt your question out to other experts for you. you should be in touch with another expert soon. thank you.

Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****,

I am another expert and my name is***** it would be a pleasure to help you further with this. Can you, at first, please make sure that you are not using a Microsoft account to log into your Windows? Because you said that this happened after an update, which usually means that your local account has been converted into a Microsoft account, for which you need to use your Microsoft account password.

if that really isn´t the case, then we must create a special rescue-disk that can "crack" the password. Are you familiar with booting from USB-sticks with your UEFI? Just want to get a feel of how experienced you are, so that I can guide your correctly.

Thank you very much and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Dear *****,

I see that you´ve read my answer. Do you still require my help? If so, please let me know some feedback to my above question, so that I can begin to help you.

Best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry i did not get back but things happened. no thank you don't want to keep on with this query. thanks for your attempts.bye