jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I purchased win 10 Pro 32bit,and know I believe I can run

Customer Question

I purchased win 10 Pro 32bit,and know I believe I can run the 64bit version how can I do this?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 10 months ago.

Dear *****,

thank you very much for your question. My name is***** and I will try to help you as quick possible.

If you have purchased a key / license for Windows 10 Pro, you can install either the 32 bit or the 64 bit version, the license is valid for both. Which version is currently installed on your computer (if any yet)?

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
as I said,i have purchased the 32 bit

Great, but, as said, what is the current state? Have you just purchased it? Is it installed on your PC already or are you on another PC at the moment and just plan to install it and wonder where you can get the 64 bit version? Please explain. Thank you.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Sorry,I have installed the 32 bit version and now find I have enuf RAM,and I see I have a 64 bit processor so I want to upgrade to the 64 bit version

Thank you. You’ll need to perform a clean install to get to the 64-bit version of Windows 10 from the 32-bit one. There’s no upgrade path offered by Microsoft. This means that you will have to reinstall all programs - it´s just like a fresh Windows installation. Are you ready to do this? If so, I will explain how to do it exactly.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanx,please instruct in detail.i have no cd/dvd drive but I do have usb/pen driveon this DellLatitude3330 thanx

Thank you too. If you want, I can create the installation media for you on your current Windows via a remote-assistance and can then walk you through the steps to install Windows 10 64 bit after it´s creation. Is this something you would be interested in?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanx but I`m sure I am capable of doing that(with your detailed help)but I will note that you offer this valuable service

I am sorry for the delay, in this case, please go to:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=691209

and download the offered EXE file. Then start it and follow the instructions. Make sure to select Windows 10 64 bit for the download. Please let me know if you need any help with the process.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanx for that.Will be back soon if I have probs. have a good evening

Thank you. How is it going so far?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
too late tonite.

OK, but did you create the media yet?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not as yet. I'm close to my download monthly allowance limit, which doesn't refresh until the 2nd Nov,so as there`s no rush, I'll wait until next week when I have time. Thanx for your concern

Thank you very much for your feedback and I totally understand, the question will stay open and will not expire, please just message me again when you wish to continue.

Thank you again and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck