jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

I clicked on an email which said it was a card, but I got a

Customer Question

I clicked on an email which said it was a card, but I got a series of screens which said my system had been frozen or some such thing, and to phone a particular number. I did this and got a lot of information about how they could get rid of all my malware etc which was on my laptop. They offered to solve all such problems for 3, or six years or for a lifetime for a sum of money. I don't know what to do as they still have access to my screen.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 months ago.

Hi, and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

It looks like your browser/system was hijacked by a rogue service claiming to be from Microsoft - they show fake popups/alerts to trick the user into paying for their "services" and install their worthless software and/or other junk items in the process.

May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue now?

Please reply back using the box below, and then we will continue further.