Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

Am still using Vista Home Basic, but can no longer access

Customer Question

Am still using Vista Home Basic, but can no longer access updates. System tells me I can find a solution online, but when I try to access am told the page is not available. Have tried this repeatedly in last couple of days, any suggestions?
Regards, PK.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 9 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Are you having troubles with Windows Updates or other related updates?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Jason

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Not happy to relinquish control of my laptop, would prefer a written or verbal solution.

Okay, I understand. Please, give me more information regarding your problem. Please, answer my question.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Windows updates only.

Okay, so Windows Update will not work. I can start giving you the solutions to the problem that may or may not work. May I ask what all you have done so that I don't repeat instructions to you that you may have already done?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Went to a solutions and problems page, was told a solution was available, but when clicked onto that solution a page appeared informing me that it was not available. I should try to refresh the page, or log off and on again. No joy. Tried this multiple times; have also tried windows and defender updates.

It sounds like the Windows Update functionality is faulting. When this occurs, you will experience the problems you are experiencing. I have remoted into computers scores of thousands of times, with no issues. I do understand and respect your choice to not allow me to remotely fix the problem. What it takes to fix this problem is a lot. It will require a bit of analysis even before we begin. I don't want to come off like I am pushing the remote, but in your case, it is the the best choice. For that reason, I will ask if you are up for the remote. If not, I understand. If it is done incorrectly, you may damage the computer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Mabye it's time I upgraded. Please take your fee for your wasted time, I'll take this as aprompt to move up to Windows 10 and a new laptop. Thanks for trying Jason.

You are very welcome. You will be very happy with the computer after you upgrade.

The end of life for Vista is coming up next year, so it is a good idea to upgrade.

One quick note: This is my job; however, I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer below, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com