Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I cannot get onto outlook. I cannot get pass the first

Customer Question

I cannot get onto outlook. I cannot get pass the first window asking for 'time zonr'
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please which version of outlook you are using?

And what happens when you select a timezone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I get outlook through Virgin
when I select the time including London it just clears and still asks for the time zone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, are you doing this via your web browser?

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to pay out any more than I have so far, I am a pensioner and just want my email back
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That is no problem, as per my message it is an optional service, else please respond to my last question repeated below

are you doing this via your web browser? If so which web browser is it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do you mean wifi or google. sorry I am not terrible computer literate
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, I mean the web browser that you are using.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
give me a clue. what is a web browers
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

It is the program you use to access the internet.

Outlook is either a site or it is a program, it is not clear which one you are referring to

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
go through google, enter either '' outlook or Microsoft' and get the same screen, the one asking for 'time zone'
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

click this link and sign in please

www.outlook.com

What then happens?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is the same screen and I am still getting the same result cant get any further
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

can you sign into your account here please

Click me to open

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am in now what
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, now you can check your emails, you enter your email account this way.

Can you send an email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I cannot do anything. get rid of or move mails
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

What happens when you try to delete an email?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh sorry, I have just noticed the recycle bin and that can delete, I was looking for the 'X' but the little bin does do it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That is correct.

This is how you access and use your emails, it seems you were in the wrong place before.

I am glad we got it all worked out for you

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is nothing like what my email window should look like, I have had this service for possibley15 years and never had this trouble before. One theory I was given is perhaps I was still logged in on my old laptop but as cannot access this I don't see how it can be. I just wanted my email back, is it possible?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, this would not cause it.

But you see all your emails there right?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is that it? Where are all my storage boxes? there is a lot of important papers in them.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you please reply to my question Barbara?

DO YOU SEE YOUR EMAILS THERE?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I DO SEE THEM!
so that the best I can expect from Microsoft
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you clarify what you mean by this? I am confused by the last few statements you are making.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I may be old but I am not stupid. All I want is my email. For some reason I cannot access the window, I asked for help. beg your pardon I paid for help. I still do not have a answer to why I cannot get past the 'time zone ' window then, hopefully, I could access the correct email window
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, I do not know which web browser you have, you never told me this so it makes it very hard to assist when not having all information...

So I provided you an alternative method to get your emails to which you replied

"I DO SEE THEM!

When asked if you see your emails, then you now reply

"All I want is my email"

Please try to understand Barbara, it is confusing to have these statements from you, you either do or you do not see your emails.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alright to be exact, All I want is my Outlook Express Email Window Like I have had for the last 15 years. Yes I can see the latest emails but it is not the correct window. I am sorry if I do not understand what information you want but not everybody knows computers like you do. I am doing my best with something I don't really know too much about.
I know it is enough to test your patience but you will be old yourself one day
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

I understand but take into account please without knowing the programs it is like fixing a car without knowing which car you are using.

Do you know which version of windows you have?

If not, click this link and it tells you

http://whatsmyos.com

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on Windows 10, I took it up when it was offered and I drive a Ford Focus and it is running fine
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Go to

www.google.com/chrome

Download and install Chrome, then open it, then go to www.outlook.com

Can you then sign in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have chrome up and ready to go
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

go to www.outlook.com

Can you then sign in?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have and am stuck on the time zone window
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there another time zone I could try?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you tell me the exact wording it gives

And your doing this in Chrome correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry but I have to go out at 1 oclock. When you click on Outlook you are take to a window that says' choose you language and home time one'
English is already populate so you have to go down a long list of countries to find yours Dublin, Edinburgh London and Lisburn is the one I pick it populated then disappears and continues to ask for time zone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, you did not respond though on if you are using Chrome for this

But choose a different timezone, same issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I* have tried many, it has been like this since Thursday last week.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am going to have to call time, can I get back to you later
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went through Chrome I have both on my laptop. I do prefer Google but chrome is also there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried both
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ill connect to your computer at no extra charge

Click this link, click I agree and run the file please

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=afcb30ce-2d26-4252-8f71-a861605eba17

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, you see you could now access your account, but as soon as you saw this you closed the computer off, and disconnected me Barabra