jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Start menu will not operate

Customer Question

start menu will not operate
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you.Could you please provide the following details.

Are you facing this issue on a windows 10 PC?

Are you using a Microsoft account or normal local user account to login to your PC ?

When did this problem started?

Note : - If you are getting pop up message regarding secure remote assistance offer you can ignore it by closing (x) that pop up message. Please use the reply box below to reply to me.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
on pc normal user account , happened about 30 minutes ago. have turned computer off manually and restarted again but when go to use the start menu it says a critical error has occured and will try to fix when restart
Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

It seems you had requested for remote support but before doing that we can try system restore and see if this can be fixed or not.

Expert:  John replied 8 months ago.

Please do the following for system restore process

1. Press windows key and R key that will open run box

2. In the Run box type rstrui and press enter that will open system restore window, Click on next

3. In that windows it will show a restore date select that restore date were the PC was working fine. If the required restore date is not listed then select Choose a different restore point on the bottom of the system restore window. Now select the desired restore date.

4. Then click on next and continue with the system restore process.

During the process the system will restart after that see if that problem got solved

Please let me know the result

Note: - Please bookmark this page, use that bookmark to open this page, In case that doesn't work. Then you can get back to this page using the email send by just answer to your email address regarding this question. There is view answer option in the email click on that and you can open this page. You can also use the welcome email from justanswer to open this page too there is a check my answer option in it to open this page. That email also has you justanswer user name and password ***** login.