Josh
Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

My wife's e mail address has been blocked following a notice

Customer Question

My wife's e mail address has been blocked following a notice to he r that Microsoft thinks someone else is using her account so would she enter some basic questions . she did so but each time the answers she gave were insufficient for the automatic service to unblock. the third time sshe tried she was locked out for 24 hours. that was 24 hours ago
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: what can i tell you?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok lets go please
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to bypass their system requirements but there is a way to post on their private forum and from there you can speak with a moderator for Microsoft.

With that being said, do you have another Microsoft account that you can use to have responses sent to?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She only has one hotmail account and I have a gmail account but I have my own microsoft account and password
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

That is fine; you can post from your Hotmail account.

Click here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/newthread?forum=outlook_com&threadtype=Questions&filter=oemail&cancelurl=%2Fen-us%2Foutlook_com%2Fforum%2Foemail

If prompted, sign into your Hotmail account. From there, you can fill out the forum post for the moderator. Please add as much details as possible but do not include any personal information such as social security number, credit card numbers, or phone number. When a moderator responds back, they will message you privately to speak with you about the account. Please understand that it is not an instant process and it can take a couple of hours for a reply back.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 4 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
She has tried on her iPhone and does not ge t past "enter the password ***** the Exchange account "outlook" and we do not know what it means and certainly do not have such a password. Please advise how to get into her account
Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

Please view my last answer above yours.

Expert:  Josh replied 8 months ago.

The password ***** your phone is asking for is the password ***** her email account. Microsoft/Outlook/Hotmail/MSN are all one company