Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod,
73944119

New surface 4 pro locked out due to new outlook email id

Customer Question

new surface 4 pro locked out due to new outlook email id password ***** the facial recognition failed and email id to login was fallback. trying to retrieve reset / password ***** the past 2 weeks without success..
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: ideally wish to recover outlook password. online retrieval response received that several attempts but not sufficient details provided. proposed solution is to set new account. but the forms do not allow for reason which is that a new surface 4 pro is locked-out dependent on the a new paaswword..
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 11 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Is it okay to reset the new Surface 4 Pro computer fresh, so you can re-set it up fresh, like brand-new, with a new password ***** want?

- Is it okay to reset the computer fresh, then set up with your current working email address (or with a new email address you want)?

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.

Thank you. Please try the following steps:

1. At the password ***** login screen, press and keep holding the Shift key on the keyboard.
  2. Click on the Power icon at the bottom right of the computer's screen, then click on the option Restart while still holding the Shift key.
  3. When a menu appears, then you can release the Shift key.
  4. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  5. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  6. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- Do you see a menu / the Troubleshoot option when trying the above steps?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How long do I have to try your solution?

You have as long as you need.

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
On testing your solution I will revert. Need to leave shortly. Most likely early afternoon. Will I have the options as you have listed above?

Yes, you will have the options as listed above. Please take your time. Also, I've emailed you (from JustAnswer / Viet.) Have you received my emails yet?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just checked and received. I have an earlier excellent experience with "just answer" and will recap and revert and rate...

Thank you. If needed, here is another method:

1. At the password ***** login screen, click on the Ease of Access icon at the bottom (it looks like a timer icon.)
  2. Click the option On-Screen Keyboard.
  3. Click on the left Shift key of the On-Screen Keyboard on the computer's screen.
  4. Click on the Power icon at the bottom, then click on Restart.
  5. When prompted, click on the Troubleshoot option.
  6. Then select the option Reset PC, and continue.
  7. When prompted, select the option "Removing everything" and "Just remove files.", and continue.

- I will likely be off my computer later, but you can always reply back to me any time, and please do not wait for me. I will reply / email you whenever I'm back at my computer.

Please try my suggestion whenever you can, then please let me know the result; I will help further as needed. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, SHIFT is Key on the left above "Ctrl"? "Ease of Access" is right of "Alt Gr"? Please advise. Thanks. Saif.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi, I have followed the instructions[1st option]. Asked for "enter the recovery key to get going again(keyboard layout:uk). Given is an ID 0e621557. it accepts 062155-7. I stopped from proceeding....below u reference to drive label "desktop-ppdpa1k" with [Continue]Await feedback. Appreciated.Kind regards, Saif.
Expert:  JoelK replied 10 days ago.

Hello, I am pleased to have the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I can help you solve your problem. It is very difficult to understand you. You are speaking some kind of brief UK English and using terminology that is undefined in my US English. I do not understand what you mean by your last message.

Expert:  JoelK replied 10 days ago.

What do you mean by "recovery kay"? As far as I know, there is no difference between the English keyboard layout for the UK and the US.

Expert:  JoelK replied 10 days ago.

What is this: "Given is an ID 0e621557. it accepts 062155-7."?

Expert:  JoelK replied 10 days ago.

Why did you stop it from proceeding? To what and to whom are you referring when you say this: "..below u reference to drive label "desktop-ppdpa1k" with [Continue]"?

Expert:  JoelK replied 10 days ago.

PERHAPS IF YOU CAN GIVE ME A NARRATIVE WHICH EXPLAINS ALL OF THE ABOVE CRYPTIC COMMENTS, I MAY BE ABLE TO ASSIST YOU WITH YOUR PROBLEM.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Morning Joel's, Difficult to focus during
Monday to Friday. I need to sort it and
Am sure we can crack it over the
Week end.Do you know the sequence of menu
Options to the point it starts factory
Settings from the keyboard response?
Expert:  JoelK replied 8 days ago.

I do not understand your question. The factory reset procedure can be initiated either from the keyboard or from the menus. I would like to resolve this question before the end of the month, which is tomorrow.

Expert:  JoelK replied 8 days ago.

I need a satisfactory rating before the end of the month, so that I can get paid for my services. If you can do that, we can continue the discussion afterwards.

Expert:  JoelK replied 8 days ago.

after that.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No. I started this discussion with Viet and would like to continue to completion with him. You are in hurry to be paid. I do not have time to look at this issue until the week end. I have asked for this issue to revert to Viet. Sorry but I wish to complete the process with the same person.
Expert:  JoelK replied 8 days ago.

The previous expert has opted out. I can resolve your question before the end of the month. The problem is that the way that you communicate with your written language is difficult to understand. Please try to expand your statements instead of compressing two or more things together into one brief statement, which makes it difficult to understand your intent.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Viet, Are you prepared to see me across the line? Your option 1, I am stuck at step 6 after the said selections. I am asked to provide a recovery key. On skipping the step, I am advised that the windows drive is locked. Any thoughts? Kind regards, Saif.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Nicola, I can wait. Best time for me to resolve is over the week end. Kind regards, Saif.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 day ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Excellent...
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 16 hours ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 8 hours ago.
Please continue the search. Aim is to identify steps to restore to factory settings...Kind regards, Saif.