jstinehelfer
jstinehelfer, Information Systems Manager
Experience:  A+ Comptia Certified computer repair
63323962

Unfortunately my office computer was comprised and I now

Customer Question

Unfortunately my office computer was comprised and I now have a 'Microsoft account'
attached to my Skype account. I need to get ride of it ASAP. I have a MAC and since this 'account' appeared I am unable to contact my clients. Can you please help. I have tried everything but nothing seems to work. I have cleared my computer of Skype and then downloaded it again and it still comes up with this Microsoft Account.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 4 months ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No - I though you could just tell me how to get rid of MICROSOFT Account. Seems you can't

As you have already tried i thought it would be difficult for you, i am sending you the steps please follow them:

1. Start by opening the Skype for desktop app and and then access your profile by clicking or tapping on your name in the Status Bar.
  2. Then click or tap on Manage.
  3. This action will open a secure area of the Skype website in your main browser. Here you will be able to access several options that allow you to customize your account. To unlink your accounts, scroll down to the Account details area. Then, in the Settings and preferences section, click or tap on Account settings.
  4. In the Account settings page you should find your linked Skype and Microsoft accounts displayed side by side. In the Microsoft account section you'll find the Unlink option. Simply click or tap on it.

5. After you pressed Unlink, you should be prompted with a message box. It will warn you that you can unlink your Skype and Microsoft accounts only for a limited number of times. Click or tap Continue to finish the unlinking process.

6. You should see a notification in the top area of the web page which states that the two accounts have been unlinked.

Let me know after following the steps.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think I have hit a nightmare!! This Microsoft Account now tells me something went wrong !! I know that my computer has been hacked, but repaired but obviously not my Skype. I guess I had better leave this to you to sort out

Did you followed the steps?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The answer is no because I could not get 'into' Skype - it said that there is a problem with the Microsoft account!

Try signing in to your Microsoft account on the browser.