Sudipto
Sudipto, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Computer Hardware EngineerCertificate Course In Computer Maintenance,8+ years of Experience in computer troubleshooting
15197395

I assume I have been contacted by the type of scammers as

Customer Question

I assume I have been contacted by the type of scammers as described in the answer to this question. I have not given my bank details to them. However they have blocked by password ***** to my lap top PC. They offered me a large sum of money as compensation for 'inconvenience ' if I would give my debit card number . I refused .
Assistant: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: Some time ago. A couple of years.
Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It is an Acer Aspire . Not a new model . 10years old
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: They asked me for a payment of £10.99 to pay for a new Microsoft licence. I did pay by credit card for this. However the payment my have been blocked?
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Sudipto. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

If you cannot login to Windows and see a message about the ransom, it means your PC is infected by a ransomware. Can you tell me, what is the exact message you are getting on the Windows login screen?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
There is a Microsoft logo . Then the word BLOCKED. My own password ***** been changed. The password ***** has ***** ***** followed by a long telephone no.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am not at home now. I will return in 30 minutes and switch on the lap top .
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

OK, reply me back .

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hello again , the current scam password ***** is Eric02032393351 . The icon site they go through is called Anytime. They give a helpline number(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can be reached at home by landline phone no 0161-2925693.
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Can you tell me, which version of Windows, you are using?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Windows Vista
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Windows Vista is too old the only solution for Vista is reinstalling Windows, because the main solution to restore Windows to an earlier point of time is not possible without loging in to Windows in Vista, if this is a Windows 7 or 10, you can easily do that and solve this problem. But, unfortunately, it is not possible in Vista. Now, if you can tell me the make and model no. of the PC then, I can tell you if it is possible to restore the PC to factory defaults or not?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Acer Aspire 5920 series model no ZD1 Aspire 5920 5A2G25Mi
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Product key is D2WK7-T8J3M-TJMFD-PJK67-YXYYJ
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** the Acer Desktop or Laptops have a recovery partition from which you can restore Windows to factory defaults, you can follow the steps from the link below to do that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK Thank you . I will try it now,
Expert:  Sudipto replied 2 months ago.