Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

Ever since 29th. of August emails coming into gmail accounts

Ever since 29th. of August emails coming into gmail accounts are not being pulled into my Outlook.
Assistant: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: yes, my general IT helper locally. he gave up.
Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: computer purchased over 7 years ago. The point is that it was fine until the 29th. of AUgust, up until the time there was an update of Office 365
Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: just to say that I have tried deleting and re-installing the account concerned, moving the data file away and trying the "Repair" command.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hello, do you access the gmail account on any other device?

Which version of Outlook are you using?

On what type of device or computer are you using Outlook?

Would you like remote assistance to help troubleshoot this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Normally I access gmail through Outlook on my desktop but I do read the gmail emails on my smartphone as well.
Microsoft Outlook 2016 MSO (16.0.8431.2046) 32-bi
HP Elite desktop running on Win10. When I am away a laptop running on Win10.
YES! Remote assistance would be best provided it does not lock up my computer for several hours. And will hopefully produce the results I am looking for.
I stress: until the 29th. of August it was working fine. Now I am forcing incoming gmails to forward to my Outlook and so on.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Do you still receive emails on the phone ok?

i.e. the problem is just with Outlook?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just saw a pop up message telling me that it will cost me £22 and something about you not having access to my computer once you disconnect or something.
firstly is this in addition to the £26 I already paid?
secondly can we do it at a time of my choosing so that my work is not blocked? Yes, I work on Sundays till 1500 UK time.
thirdly am able to receive gmails on my phone fine. Can receive even on my laptop correctly, with the gmails going to the correct folders in the Outlook.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not averse to the £22 being extra - just want to know and need the guarantee it will work.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, yes remote connection is an additional charge.

We can do it at a time of your choosing - I am available from now until 1pm, or I am available after 4pm, so we could do it anytime this afternoon or evening.

Your satisfaction is guaranteed or your money back.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Does it suit now for me to connect, or later?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
later, please.
Also, Pete, I am getting conflicting info on my email from you. There is a figure of 27 having been charged successfully. What is that all about? I thought initially it was 26, then you said additional 22 which would make it an eye-watering 48. Now I see a figure of 27. Please explain. What is the total charge for guaranteed cure?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

I am not sure about the pricing, I am a user of the site just like you - it is a US site and the price you see is converted to Sterling.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
sorry, ideally I would like the remote operation at 1600 UK time. Right now I am working.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Ok, no problem - we can make contact again after 4pm.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
tks.
Is there no UK site similar to this where you are a member?
for the next use, I mean.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

From what I can see, you are on the justanswer.co.uk site already. I have no idea how the pricing works though - I don't see any accounts, sorry.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok, see you at 1600 UK time.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am ready whenever you are.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

To start the connection, please download and run the following remote connection:

http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=63c0f183-bc0b-4c17-852b-282184446a73

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Pete, are you still connected to me? Nothing seems to be happening.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Remote connection has been completed.