Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have received two phone calls from a company (phone number

I have received two phone calls from a company (phone number*********** who claimed to provide technical support for Microsoft They advised me that my Microsoft License had expired and if I switched on my computer they would give me instructions which would allow me to reactivate the License I refused to switch on my computer as I assumed that it was a scam which they hoped would enable them to access the information held on my computer Can you please confirm that the company who contacted from the above phone number are not acting on behalf of Microsoft in which case i assume that Microsoft will take appropriate action against them Please also confirm that my Microsoft License is still active
Category: Microsoft
Expert:  Bryan replied 24 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you today.

Expert:  Bryan replied 24 days ago.

That's a bogus third party service, and not associated with Microsoft in any way. They cold call unsuspecting users and provide false info and alerts to trick them into allowing them access to their PC, while charging exorbitant amounts for doing so. Please do not continue communicating any further with this rogue party, and absolutely do NOT provide them access to your computer. Your system is just safe; you may simply ignore their calls/messages as they come and they will eventually drop off. Microsoft will never contact users on its own unless their services are specifically requested for.

NOTE:
If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.
Otherwise, kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. Thank you,