Pete
Pete, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

My business hires out equipment and I am trying to create on

Hi my business hires out equipment and I am trying to create on Excel an inventory management system. I want on the first tab a complete list of equipment using a barcode scanner and then on subsequent tabs scan in the equipment each customer hires out with dates. I then want to insert a further tab that calculates what is left by vlooking up the equipment on the first tab, less what it finds on subsequent tabs and then lists what is left over. I then want to pivot table what is left so that I create a concise list. Is this possible and is there a method that is better please?

Hello Neil,

It would be simpler to keep the complete list of equipment on 1 page and use filters to display different views of what is hired out, what is available, etc.

Do you have a sample list of equipment available that I could set up in this way for you?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Pete sorry for the delay. Thanks for your answer. I don't want to use filters I want a tab as the entire database of assets, a tab for each customer, and then a tab showing what's left. I attach a sample as requested and I have put a note in yellow where I would really appreciate some help with formulas please. Thanks Michelle

Hi, I am just seeing your reply now - do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 30 days ago.
please Pete I uploaded a file on my previous message if you could help with please?