Richard, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have received the following e-mail and I am uncertain as

I have received the following e-mail and I am uncertain as to its content and request"We've noticed that you are, or previously were, using an older version of Advanced Computer System Repair for Windows.This is a reminder to please update Advanced Computer System Repair as your version will be permanently retired.After January 18th you will be unable to sign-in -"
Can you advise if this is genuine or a scam attempt?

Hi there and welcome

This is referring to a program called Advanced Computer System Repair, did you install and purchase this?

Please let me know

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
not that I am aware of

If you look through your list of installed programs, do you see it there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
is this a bone fide windows programme? or a programme that is accepted by windows ?

programme that is accepted by windows

But is this showing as a popup on your screen or you received the message as an email?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
received as an e-mail

Ok, sounds like a philshing email.

Just to be sure, did you see it listed in your list of installed programs?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can only see windows scanguard

Ok, it is then a Philshing email (faked that looks to be from the company)

If you never purchased it and do not have it installed, then delete and ignore the email, it is not legitimate.

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.