JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience providing 3rd lines support for a range of office apps, from 2000 to 2013, including project and visio.
75967336

For past 7-10 days I have been unable to access my Outlook

For past 7-10 days I have been unable to access my Outlook account and emails on my Mac laptop. Account page states "Something went wrong - we can't get that information right now. Please try again later."

Hi Andrew are you using Outlook for mac to access your emails or another email program on your mac?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I’m using Outlook, but I also have an iCloud address and account - my iCloud account shows emails from both accounts, but I am unable to access my Outlook email folders using iCloud.

Ok, so the error you get is via outlook, but the email address in question is iCloud

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Correct. Error is via Outlook, but relevant email account is my Outlook email -***@******.***.

Ok, does the error result in outlook closing down or does it remain open just without the ability to view the emails?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, I have no access to Outlook account. It is just a blocked page with error notification, as outlined above. Though I can access my Outlook emails via my iCloud account, that does not give me access to my Outlook files of emails. Problem with Outlook is preventing me from accessing important financial information.

Im not referring to your outlook account but the application, by the sound of it its not an application error as the application isnt crashing/closing but a setting issue within outlook.

I suggest we arrange a remote session where I can connect to your machine and fault find further. Before going down that route as your using a Mac your will need to install Java which can be found here

Ive not heard from you in some time do you require any further assistance?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
OK, please connect to my device - i’m Logged on now, but happy to arrange connection whenever convenient to you. Kind regards, A

Hi Andrew have you installed Java which can be found here.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I have installed Java 8 Update 161 on my device. A

Please click here, and then click the I agree button to download the screen connect tool.

Once downloaded run the program, and accept the prompts to allow it to install.

I will need to pick this up again tomorrow AM, please let me know once you have downloaded and installed the screen connect software, and when your available for remote assistance.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Dear *****, I tried to open Secure Remote Assistance client file, but device response that cannot be opened because from an unidentified developer - security preferences allow installation only of Apps from Mac App Store and identified developers. Not sure where this leaves us. Grateful for your advice. Kind regards, Andrew

Hi Andrew, thats just Mac's additional security feature you need to follow the video here, then reopen the file to start remote assistance.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
OK, I've followed video advice and opened device to accept Remote Assistance. Grateful if you could assist asap, since I need to access Outlook email folders this morning to produce a document. Thanks, A

due to the time taken the remote session has times out can you please click here to download a new session, then run that.