JamesI
JamesI, Other
Experience:  James has experience providing 3rd lines support for a range of office apps, from 2000 to 2013, including project and visio.
75967336

I have Office Outlook 2010. I was clearing old files from My

I have Office Outlook 2010. I was clearing old files from My Documents and deleted an old email address file (which I have now reinstalled). However, I am unable to access Outlook. The computer is requesting a Data File Password. Can you please advise.

Was this a PST file you deleted Ron?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My documents just refers to an outlook data file.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have looked further it is a pst file.

Ok thank you, ***** ***** PST file is password ***** Outlook is trying to open the PST file and thats why your being prompted for a password, if you click cancel when prompted it should let you continue to get into outlook just not access the file' contents.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Tried this, but no good. Outlook says: cannot start microsoft outlook. cannot open outlook window. The server is not available.etc

Ok I suggest we do a remote session so I can connect ot your machine and see the fault and perform some additional troubleshooting.

Please click here, then click on the green button in the middle of the page.

A screen connect program will download within a few seconds, once complete, run the program and accept the option for it to install and make changes.