Jake
Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
20440119

Hello, I wonder ifyoucan help. Ive just bought a 2010 shogun

Customer Question

Hello, I wonder ifyoucan help. I've just bought a 2010 shogun diamond that has the 20" le mans wheels on but the fifth on the rear door appears to be an 18" rim off the elegance ? I was told the 20" s don't fit on the back with the shroud round it that contains the rear camera ? Is this true?? Also is there anything else I need to look for or check ? And can you fit Bluetooth or iPod to the MMSC touch screen? Thank you.
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

Walter
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes that's fine, I have been trying for a long time to just find this information out on the Internet but it just doesn't seem to be there Haha.
I hope you can find someone. Oh as additional info the MMSC touch screen nav/music centre is the Rockford Fosgate one. This may help.

Thanks for your ongoing efforts.

Cheers Mark
Expert:  Walt-mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello, that's fine, I understand it is a bit of a difficult question, I have asked many people but no one seems to know the answer. I will wait to see if you can find someone to help.

Thanks Mark

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Hi there, Thanks for using justanswer.

As far as the spare is concerned there's 2 things that restrict what size spare tire/wheel combo can be used on the factory mount.

Diameter and tire width are your primary concerns here as anything too wide wont allow you to secure the factory mount and anything to large in diameter will hit the bottom bumper.

One thing you can do is measure the diameter and width for the OEM 20" Le mans wheel and tire. Then measure the 18" spare you have equipped now and calculate the differences (if any). If the 20" wheel tire combination is larger then measure any available space between the 18" spare and the rear bumper to see if there is enough available room.

The other option would be to just remove the spare that is on there now and fit the 20" wheel your currently driving on to the spare tire rack and see if it fits. This is what I would do. I would imagine it would fit, because it's common practice when replacing a blown tire to put the blown one mounted to where the spare was to get it to the garage for replacement.

As far as your bluetooth and ipod connectivity are concerned I would like some more clarification on exactly what your trying to accomplish. Are you asking if there is bluetooth connectivity for your phone on OEM equipped a/v unit? or are you wanting to know if there is an aftermarkey piggyback system comaptible with the OE unit?

Let me know and I will do my best to assist you.

Jake, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience: Experienced collision repair technician, Pulaski Tech graduate and DSM hobbyist.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your answer. the spare wheel is the same overall diameter and I believe the reason for it being an elegance 18" wheel is that you had to order a fifth le mans 20" wheel extra at cost or just have the 18" elegance wheel included. re the bluetooth / iPod connectivity I understand you can't do this with the Mitsubishi Media system supplied by Rockford fosgate if you know any different I'd love to know :-) it is the 850w 12 speaker system, I understand the 2011 model had built in bluetooth, I was hoping this could be retro fitted to the 2010 model.

Thanks Mark

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

Your welcome Mark, for the IPOD connectivity would depend if you had the Aux connections at the console. If so hold the CD button until it changes to Aux and connect that way. If not there is actually a port in the center top of the MMCS on the rear if you remove it. You can by a capable cord to connect that way also.

Now adding bluetooth like the FUSE system starting on the 2011 models where it syncs to the phone is a different story.

What exactly are you wanting to do?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'll have a look at connecting the iPod so thank you for that :-). re the bluetooth I was kinda hoping that the built in bluetooth in the 11plate model that sits in the bottom opening in the steering wheel could be fitted to the 10plate ? if not what hands free system for phone use would you recomend ? I.e. parrot etc .....

Expert:  Jake replied 3 years ago.

If you don't already have the FUSE bluetooth system in yours you cannot ADD it to your MMCS because you don't have the software in your MMCS version, nor is it pre-wired for it.

You best opetion at this point is something aftermarket like the Parrot you you mentioned.

Do keep in mind though, that if you connect your IPHONE for instance to the AUX then you can simply play phone conversations through the speakers leaving it on speaker so you can communicate. That's what i do since I don't have bluetooth and it's free =). Granted you do pick up the lovely background noise this way.

let me know how else I can help, I'd love to.