Mike
Mike, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

is the internal oil cooler a big job to do mike

Customer Question

Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi again...

Its that the oil cooler has failed internally - not that you need to replace a "internal oil cooler"... I just wanted to clarify that point.

The oil cooler - that is replaced as a whole part is fastened to the main radiator behind it - it actually looks like a smaller main radiator - you can see it bolted in place there....too, looking at it you can see its not a terrible job to do but it does require quite some mech knowledge and tools... If you are unsure - I would suggest have a local garage to do it for you ( you dont need to pay dealer prices ) a local garage can do this inside a couple of hours for you .. The biggest job is getting the system fully clean inside - this is best done with a power flusher which obviously they will have. Again, its not a terrible job - but its not what you would call a "nice" job - a lot depends on what mech knowledge you have and probably more importantly, the tools etc as above...

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.