mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mitsubishi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

the fob for my mitsubishi shogun doesnt work has melted..when

Customer Question

the fob for my mitsubishi shogun doesnt work has melted..when I try open door with key alarm goes off, even when i start engine still goes off..i lock it back uo with key and seems to stay off..Is there an easy way to solve this? Someone mention a valet button or something? but im really not clued up on these types of things
Category: Mitsubishi
Expert:  mike_a_mechanic replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name is Mike, I will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

The security system is in fault mode and will need to be reset using a scan tool,however the key fob that melted will be needed as part of this process.The key fob will need to be replaced and the system reprogramed is the only way to solve this issue.The programming will need to be performed by the dealer unfortunately.